Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Diaz Ex Machina

Old April 22nd, 2022, 07:40 AM
So I've found out that if I replace something in my source file with anything else the replaced thing won't show up anymore on HL even if my source isn't active. That's a bit of a bummer, because I'm using said source just for a single campaign, and all my other characters now are "flawed" to the core. What are my alternatives to replacing those items?

Just some examples of what I've replaced:
  • All the core races (just needed to change the description and some height/weight values);
  • All the items under Special Substances and Items in the Core Rulebook (wanted to give them new descriptions and change their order in the menu);
  • All the Point Buy creation methods (altered their values and names);
  • All the prestige classes from the Core Rulebook (tweaked a couple of them and changed their descriptions).

I've also precluded hundreds of things, but those appear correctly even with my source installed.

Thank you in advance for your help and time.
Diaz Ex Machina is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 22nd, 2022, 07:50 AM
Duplicate the pathfinder game system (Tools...Duplicate Game System). Each copy of each system has its own set of editor files, so you'll have one for this campaign, and another for normal use.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ploturo

Old April 22nd, 2022, 11:56 AM
On the copies of the items you are using to replace the existing items, do you have multiple usesource elements?

You should only have your source listed on the replacement things, otherwise they will be active whenever any source from any of its usesource elements is active.

For example

Code:
<thing id="ExampleThing" replaces="OldThing">

<usesource source="OldSource"/>
     <usesource source="NewSource"/>

</thing>
ExampleThing will replace OldThing whenever OldSource is active or NewSource is active.

If you remove the usesource element for OldSource, it will only replace OldThing when NewSource is active.

Code:

</thing>
ExampleThing will only replace OldThing whenever NewSource is active.

Last edited by ploturo; April 22nd, 2022 at 12:46 PM. Reason: replace doesn't work the way I thought it did
ploturo is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Diaz Ex Machina

Old April 22nd, 2022, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploturo View Post
On the copies of the items you are using to replace the existing items, do you have multiple usesource elements?

You should only have your source listed on the replacement things, otherwise they will be active whenever any source from any of its usesource elements is active.

For example
Code:

<usesource source="OldSource"/>

</thing>
ExampleThing will replace OldThing whenever OldSource is active or NewSource is active.

If you remove the usesource element for OldSource, it will only replace OldThing when NewSource is active.

Code:

</thing>
ExampleThing will only replace OldThing whenever NewSource is active.
I have just the new source, not the old one.
Diaz Ex Machina is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ploturo

Old April 22nd, 2022, 12:43 PM
Yes, it turns out I've been wrong about how replace works, and didn't realize it.

Last edited by ploturo; April 22nd, 2022 at 12:46 PM.
ploturo is offline   #5 Reply With Quote