Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 24th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcap's Corner View Post
My apologies. I never got that response. I just went through my email to double check that I didn't just miss it. Our wires must have gotten crossed somewhere. What clarification did you need?
I don't see the problem on my copy. I can't figure out how to reproduce the issue.

Could you try this please; Tools...Explore Folders...Game System Data Folder - find all the .user files there, and temporarily move them elsewhere, then reload HL, and in the editor, look for the issue.

Then move all the files back into that folder once you've checked on the issue.

I suspect that what happened is that somewhere in your .user files, there's an abRange.Feet tag set, but it's got a name attached, and the name is incorrect. I'm guessing that in the XML, it looks like this:
Code:
<tag group="abRange" tag="Feet" name="30Ft."/>
If you can find all the copies of that tag definition that have a name attached and delete the name="" part of them, that should remove the issue.
Mathias is online now   #11 Reply With Quote
burkoJames

Old November 24th, 2014, 08:09 AM
I noticed that while never called out as being included, some more Advanced Class Origins options have shown up. Specifically, The winding path renegade brawler archetype. Is this considered 'finished' so I should report bugs for it, or was it not intended to be included with release and I should wait?
burkoJames is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 24th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Oops, we forgot this line in the FAQ:

Advanced Class Origins is now complete.

So, yes, please do send in a bug report if you've found an error.
Mathias is online now   #13 Reply With Quote
Redcap's Corner

Old November 24th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I suspect that what happened is that somewhere in your .user files, there's an abRange.Feet tag set, but it's got a name attached, and the name is incorrect.
You were, of course, correct. In one of my earlier projects when I was mostly just copying and pasting, I had written the name out as "30 Ft." for that tag. I had no idea naming a tag in one file could rename it at large inside the editor. In general, with user-made material, should I be leaving tag name and abbreviation blank?
Redcap's Corner is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 24th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcap's Corner View Post
You were, of course, correct. In one of my earlier projects when I was mostly just copying and pasting, I had written the name out as "30 Ft." for that tag. I had no idea naming a tag in one file could rename it at large inside the editor. In general, with user-made material, should I be leaving tag name and abbreviation blank?
If you are creating a new tag, I always find it easier to read the tags file and various drop-downs in the editor later if the tag is named, but if you're working with an existing tag, I don't recommend changing it. Abbreviations are only needed in particular places - for example, the Supernatural, Extraordinary and Spell-Like tags use abbreviations to store Su, Ex and Sp, while the name is used to store the whole name, and the Ids are Super, Extra and SpellLike. Unless you know it's using abbreviations for the other tags in that group, don't worry about coming up with an abbreviation.
Mathias is online now   #15 Reply With Quote