Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sendric

Old August 28th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Aaron made a bunch of fixes to the d20 system a while ago (last year?), but it never got released.
Sendric is online now   #11 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 29th, 2013, 12:58 PM
I tried to get a few things, but it hardly qualified as a bunch. I've since had little time to spare for d20. My heart aches everytime someone brings up an outstanding issue with d20 and I have to let it slide. For example, my current project is Bestiary 4, which is a whole lotta work to do over the next months. There you have it, just not enough hours in my day.
Aaron is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old September 25th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
I never bothered with D&D4e. So I presumed the DDI downloader was fully supported. Thanks for the clarification.
It was fully supported. The problem is it did do many things "wrong". For example powers which had a "use either Str or Cha" ended up only calculating Str, and having the Cha option just in a comment. Or many magic items just did not add their boni, same about Feats. Some feats (Elemental Empowerment, for example) were calculated wrong. But it was complete as far as every (well, except traits/backgrounds, but those were user-added) item, power, etc. was added. Just often not correctly or complete added.

As to the issue of D&D Next, I have in the meanwhile a version on my PC which partially implements the D&D Next rules (work of the past few evenings) from the playtest packages (not sure how far I will put this, but if I complete it, the people from Wolflair can have the code from me). It is still a LOT of stuff missing, though (basically it is a "far modified" 4e version). Licence issues are of course another thing there (I will still continue to work on the 4e Hero Lab bugfixes I am doing, my group is currently not planning to move to Next, we enjoy playing D&D 4e too much for that).

MagicSN
MagicSN is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old October 1st, 2013, 02:44 PM
Screenshot of the current version of Hero Lab for D&D Next:

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/5063/q0cl.png

^^

There is still a lot of unfinished stuff, though.

And I ran into a scripting problem. With the mage I choose at level 2 which class feature he takes (Evocation or Enchantment or Illusion) and at various levels he then can get extra class features for the one he chose. I did not manage to get it working that I can both check against the chosen feature AND the level. It seems that Hero Lab counted even the not chosen features of the three as "present".

My current solution is a bit hacky - I give the player free feats, and he can choose the class feature as a feat then (with a text telling him he should ONLY take the class feature with this free feat, and any other feat or a class feature of a different magic school would be not allowed). Just a shame I could not manage to automatize this ;-) Another issue with this solution is that the table of "all feats" gets longer than needed (of course if you filter out those you cannot use, it's fine again).

MagicSN
MagicSN is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old October 6th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Short update - I found a decent solution for the Class Feature issue - this is now handled similar to Paragon Paths in 4e.

I already have Multiclass Support in (currently only Fighter as Multiclass, but all code is in, it is just a matter of typing in additional classes data). Spellcasters as multiclass is still some work, but not as much as I did already.

Classes fully implemented (with all features) are now Barbarian, Bard, Mage, Rogue, Fighter. And Monk will probably be finished still today. When I say complete, this does not include all spells typed in ^^

BTW: Any chance on a D&D Next sub-forum ? ^^

Current Screenshots: http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6196/xhow.png

MagicSN
MagicSN is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old October 10th, 2014, 12:48 PM
The screenshots look very good.
talsharien is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old October 13th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talsharien View Post
The screenshots look very good.
Thanks.
Are of an old version though ^^ (Was I think the first version which supported multiclass)
MagicSN is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 13th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
BTW: Any chance on a D&D Next sub-forum ? ^^
PM sent.
liz is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
TaylorBland

Old October 14th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
Thanks.
Are of an old version though ^^ (Was I think the first version which supported multiclass)
Very cool. i hope that this gets out soon, i really would like to play D& D5 with HL. no rush, keep up the good work. and for the record, if i were better at computer scripts, i would be helping you. but, i am computer illiterate and i have no freaking clue what half the damn script means anyway. once a playable update is ready, do you think you can give us some sort of link so we can use and tinker with it ourselves?
TaylorBland is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old October 14th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Yes, I would be very interested after buying the 5th ed players handbook.
talsharien is offline   #20 Reply With Quote