Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 18th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Good to hear this Colen. I know you have been working with Catalyst for some time on this. I have limited experience with Shadowrun personally, but I can tell it will benefit greatly from Hero Lab.
FifthWanderer is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Adam.Ormond

Old May 21st, 2010, 06:09 AM
I'm really excited about this, and it is what brought my attention to this great product! Is there by chance an estimate release date for this set of data packages? I'm hoping to start a new campaign up with players new to SR4, and this would certainly ease the pain.

I'm really hoping KarmaGen is implemented, and even better yet would be the ability to modify some of the karma costs to fit how I'd like my game to function.
Adam.Ormond is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 21st, 2010, 11:36 AM
I'm not familiar with the name KarmaGen, but karma costs will be stored in a way that allows them to be house-ruled.
Mathias is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 21st, 2010, 11:39 AM
Adam: We only just got the license signed, so we still have other projects in the pipeline that need to be finished. Once those are done, we'll get started on Shadowrun. That's still at least a month away, so we don't want to announce any timeframe for release of the data package yet. Sorry!
Colen is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Adam.Ormond

Old May 21st, 2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'm not familiar with the name KarmaGen, but karma costs will be stored in a way that allows them to be house-ruled.
KarmaGen is an alternate method to create new characters in SR4. It was presented in the book Runner's Companion.
Adam.Ormond is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
fenriswolf

Old May 23rd, 2010, 05:52 AM
I will definitely be buying your product when you guys release it for SR4. It will certainly make chargen much easier for my group.
fenriswolf is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 30th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Same here. Though hearing that it will take another month plus when for the last two years you guys have told me at Gencon when I asked that you already had the data set done and just needed the contract from Catalyst seems odd.
cryptoknight is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
WetworX

Old June 10th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Really looking for the Shadowrun 4e Package, this is the reason I've needed to justify a Hero Builder purchase. The sooner the better. Lets hope it covers everything... not to sound greedy, well yeah, I'm greedy.
WetworX is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 15th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptoknight View Post
Same here. Though hearing that it will take another month plus when for the last two years you guys have told me at Gencon when I asked that you already had the data set done and just needed the contract from Catalyst seems odd.
You may have misinterpreted what we said. We've been discussing the possibility of an HL data package with Catalyst for a long time, and they've always been really enthusiastic about it. We've always been agreed on what the license would say, and did so for months before we got the agreement signed. The issue was just fighting the red tape involved with the license changing hands (WizKids -> Topps, etc) and the aftereffects that bogged everything down.
Colen is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
coastiemike

Old June 21st, 2010, 04:35 AM
This press release made me dig out all of my old SR books. I plan to start a game in July or August. Great news!
coastiemike is offline   #20 Reply With Quote