Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Lord Magus

Old August 21st, 2017, 06:04 PM
Our GM granted one of our PCs, an aasimar paladin, the red draconic bloodline, without the bonus spells.

Does anyone know a way of bootstrapping an individual bloodline on a non-casting, non-sorcerer character? Archetype? Template? I even thought of ethnicity...

I looked at the Ampoule of False Blood, found the script interesting, but the item does not seem to work at all in HL. Any hints, or links to hold threads? Thanks!
Lord Magus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old August 21st, 2017, 07:13 PM
You could create a custom ability that you add through a template that bootstraps all the red draconic bloodline abilities to it that you want.
Quintain is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old August 21st, 2017, 07:50 PM
As the bloodline, with all bootstrapped abilities, is already a thing, I am looking for a way to get that thing on the character without having to rebuild it. However, I think it has been said somewhere that class abilities cannot be put on races (or templates?), or something of the sort, so not sure if that's feasible.

As for removing the spells, I was hoping the way inquisitors use pre-existing domains might help... have all those domains been redone as inquisitions, or is there a global way to turn off the spells?
Lord Magus is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 21st, 2017, 09:01 PM
I thought I would be able to do this pretty quickly but while I can get the abilities to appear for the Paladin. They refuse to pick up the Paladin level meaning they all disable themselves.

I already spent an hour and I can't find a fix. I recommend making an archetype for the Paladin class that bootstraps the individual bloodline abilities.

It makes NO sense why the class abilities are not pulling the class level from the Custom Ability that they are bootstrapped too....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old August 21st, 2017, 10:22 PM
Shadow, I tried looking at the logic behind the feat Eldritch Heritage, but it's way above my skill level. Maybe something in that will help you figure out why it's not counting levels correctly.

Magus, Maybe have the character add Eldritch Heritage, and the Improved and Greater versions as bonus feats. Would that give you everything you're needing?
Mystic Lemur is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old August 22nd, 2017, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Lemur View Post
Magus, Maybe have the character add Eldritch Heritage, and the Improved and Greater versions as bonus feats. Would that give you everything you're needing?
Adding all 3 Eldritch Heritage feats (and using the Ignore Prereqs adjustment) gives 3 of the bloodline's powers, so that helps, but there is no way to get access to the other powers (including capstone).

Shadow, interestingly, those feats seem to pick up the paladin levels fine. I haven't been coding anything significant in a while, but I would have indeed thought this would be easier!
Lord Magus is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 22nd, 2017, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Lemur View Post
Shadow, I tried looking at the logic behind the feat Eldritch Heritage, but it's way above my skill level. Maybe something in that will help you figure out why it's not counting levels correctly.
That uses a Configurable and the Configurable has script logic to get and use the total character level minus 2.

I was almost going to down that road last night but I simply ran out of time.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 22nd, 2017, 04:18 PM
Here try this. I created a archetype called "Lord Magus" (yeah I am not creative) that will allow you to select sorcerer "Bloodlines" on the Paladin tab. Now once you select "Draconic" everything calculates correctly. The abilities show but you won't get spells.

At least this way you could "re-use" the archetype logic to pick a different Bloodline. =)

Hope that helps.
Attached Files
File Type: email ~Lord Magus.user (821 Bytes, 10 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old August 22nd, 2017, 06:21 PM
Many thanks for this, SC. Will try it as soon as I can and I'll let you know how it goes!
Lord Magus is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old August 23rd, 2017, 06:54 PM
Seems to work perfectly. The bonus spells are visible on the Spells tab, but are greyed out, and are not seen on the Paladin tab. Thanks again!
Lord Magus is offline   #10 Reply With Quote