Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Aril
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 77

Old March 17th, 2021, 07:04 PM
I'm trying to port Wildwood from 3.5 Races of the Wild over to Pathfinder in Hero Lab, and I'm not sure how to make a change to the material.

One of the characteristics of it is that armor made from it has AC that is 1 point *worse* than the base armor should have.

I haven't found ANY special materials that give a bonus to the base AC given by the armor, so don't have a script to adapt.

Anyone have any ideas?

P.S. And I know intentionally creating armor that has 1 point less of armor sounds weird on the surface, but it also increases the DEX bonus it allows by 1 point. It can be used to make armor normally made of steel (ie. plate etc.).
Aril is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 829

Old March 18th, 2021, 02:41 AM
Take a look at the material BONE for armour and weapons. (Ultimate Equipment, p53) It reduces the armor/shield bonus by 1. Sounds like exactly what you want.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aril
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 77

Old March 19th, 2021, 03:14 PM
That is. Thank you.

I've got it half done now, but I'm running into a really weird problem.

There are a total of about four scripts that I need to use and adapt to accomplish what I want. I've put them all in a speadsheet. I've got the first one and the fourth one working.

However, when I add in either of the two ones in the middle, I start getting a script error on the very first one.



This is the error I start getting. I can't figure out why I'm getting an error in a script that DID test correctly after adding in a different script.

Aril is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Quebec, QC, Canada
Posts: 383

Old March 19th, 2021, 03:30 PM
The order you have them in might not be the order they are executed in... look at the timing of each of the scripts. It is possible that one of the middle scripts is executed earlier than your first script and alters some variable that causes an error in that script.
Lord Magus is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aril
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 77

Old March 19th, 2021, 03:37 PM
I tried deleting them all, and then starting over with the first one that was generating a problem.

Script 1
Phase : First
Priority: 11000
Index: 1

~ Reduce our weight by 10%
container.parent.field[gWeight].value = container.parent.field[gWeight].value
- (container.parent.field[gWeight].value * .1)


This results in this error:

Error
Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'mWitchwood_'(Eval Script '#1') on line 3
->Unspecified error parsing script
Aril is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aril
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 77

Old March 19th, 2021, 03:38 PM
What's weird is that I literally haven't even changed anything at this point. It's supposed to be 25% lighter, but all I've done here is pull scripting from a product (mithral or something like that) that already exists.
Aril is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 12,893

Old March 19th, 2021, 03:56 PM
Double-check your line wrapping. The error is coming from line 3, according to the error message, and line 3 appears to be
- (container.parent.field[gWeight].value * .1)


Which appears to be intended as part of line 2, not its own line.


Oh, and that can be condensed:
container.parent.field[gWeight].value *= 0.9
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 12,893

Old March 19th, 2021, 04:00 PM
Actually,
parent.field[gWeight].value *= 0.9
should work - I'm pretty sure the container.parent is a leftover from some old code - now that an old bug has been fixed, you no longer need a container transition before a parent transition.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Aril
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 77

Old March 19th, 2021, 05:07 PM
Mathias, thanks for the advice. It was the the line spacing...the first part of your suggestion.

As soon as I fixed it, the problem went away.
Aril is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.