Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Zimrathon

Old December 18th, 2020, 10:24 AM
Hi,

Anyone yet figured out how to create unique mobs effectively. I'm trying to create Belmazog from Age of Ashes - Cult of Cinders and I just cannot find a way to do it. If I try to create via player character rules NPC, I cannot set it's level to more than 3 (Bizarrely, without any explanation), if I try to create it with basic Monster or NPC method, I cant add spells without it erroring that I need to be trained in some skills that I haven't got the ability to set as trained (presumably because of the Basic setting).

Getting extremely frustrated and considering ditching HLO altogether as this is just a final straw, others being waiting over a year for AoA GM material which hasn't even had a progress update for months.

On a connected note, has anyone heard from HLO at all since Rob's last update back in October? Aside from the notifications saying we're having our paid for service removed for an update fairly regularly, I've see n no comms from them recently. I could have missed an update telling me they're updated somewhere else now, I guess.
Zimrathon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old December 18th, 2020, 01:40 PM
I think I remember something like that concerning Belmazog. I ended up creating my version starting with a Boggard Swapseer leveled up, but I probably used the GMG build option so that might have made a difference; I also used Permanent Adjustments for some of it.

My version has a somewhat different spell mix than the AP's; I think the writeup was done before the spell lists were final.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Zimrathon

Old December 18th, 2020, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
I think I remember something like that concerning Belmazog. I ended up creating my version starting with a Boggard Swapseer leveled up, but I probably used the GMG build option so that might have made a difference; I also used Permanent Adjustments for some of it.

My version has a somewhat different spell mix than the AP's; I think the writeup was done before the spell lists were final.
Cheers, I persisted and got it 99% without hacks but thx for reply 👍
Zimrathon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Zimrathon

Old December 19th, 2020, 03:41 PM
I spoke too soon, logged in today to Dm the session and belmazog had been altered to level three 🤷*♂️. No clue why but lost most of my detail, couldn’t increase its level back to 9, no explanation, the + sign is simply greyed out. So frustrating, I wish I could get answers, by faq, release notes, manuals, replies, or even prayer.
Zimrathon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old December 19th, 2020, 09:56 PM
Have you actually submitted it as a Bug Report? I have gotten some useful replies or fixes that way (admittedly not every time, but it happens).

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Hollis
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 21st, 2020, 05:59 AM
Do you have the Gamemastery Guide as part of your license?
Hollis is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
nimrodx

Old January 5th, 2021, 09:57 PM
Do you need the game mastery guide license to do this sort of thing properly?
nimrodx is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old January 7th, 2021, 07:23 AM
there ae few logged bugs with the monster creation rules with the GMG (I logged them) but I have not seen any movement in some time. they maybe done but I have no way to look. The values are way off if you use the default (low, med, high, extreme) so be careful with that
marroon69 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote