Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dgreensill

Old July 21st, 2016, 07:08 PM
A wizard (or cleric) may intentionally leave spell slots empty, and later during the day when they have a need for a particular spell, they may sit down for fifteen minutes to study or pray, and fill the slot.

Hero Lab doesn't support this feature well at the present time - unfilled slots show up as purple and red errors. My workaround has been to create spells "Spell Slot Left Empty (0)" through to "Spell Slot Left Empty (9)" and add these to a separate (but physically non-existent) spellbook, and then memorize these spells, replacing them when I sit down to study.

I suggest that I'm not the only person who would use this feature, and it may be possible to create a more elegant way to make it work.
dgreensill is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Vrischika111

Old July 22nd, 2016, 01:36 AM
I second this request, as I used a similar workaround to avoid validation error and to have evidence on my sheet that 1 slot was left open for study
Vrischika111 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
radionausea

Old July 22nd, 2016, 03:19 AM
If you go to "Configure your hero", scroll down to Optional Rules, you can select 'Don't require memorized spells'. This does what you want I think.
radionausea is offline   #3 Reply With Quote