Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Jobe00

Old November 8th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Alright, I'm trying something really big. I want to make a Fighter archetype. Here it is.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
A daredevil is not proficient with medium armor, heavy armor or shields.

Skills
A daredevil gains 4 skill points + a number of skill points equal to her Intelligence modifier at each level, instead of the normal 2 skill points + Intelligence modifier at each level. Acrobatics (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), and Swim (Str) are class skills for a swashbuckler.

Weapon Finesse: A daredevil gains Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat at 1st level even if she does not qualify for the feat. If the daredevil already has Weapon Finesse, she may choose another feat she meets the prerequisites for.
This ability replaces the 1st level bonus feat.

Daredevil Trick: At 2nd level or later, a daredevil may choose one rogue talent in place of a single fighter bonus feat.

Dodge Bonus (Ex): At 3rd level, a daredevil gains a +1 Dodge bonus to AC. This bonus increases by +1 for every four levels beyond 3rd (to a maximum of +5 at 19th level).
A daredevil loses this bonus when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.
This ability replaces armor training 1, 2, 4, and Armor Mastery.

Insightful Strike (Ex): At 5th level, the daredevil gains the ability to strike precisely with a light weapon, as well as any other weapon that can be used with Weapon Finesse, such as a rapier, whip, or spiked chain, gaining a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls. This bonus increases by +1 for every four levels beyond 5th (to a maximum of +4 at 17th level).
A daredevil cannot use this ability when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.
This ability replaces weapon training 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Advanced Daredevil Trick: At 10th level or later, a daredevil can choose one advanced rogue talent in place of a single fighter bonus feat.

Lucky (Ex): Daredevils live by the credo “Better lucky than good.” Once per day, a daredevil of 11th level or higher may reroll any failed attack roll, skill check, ability check, or saving throw. The character must take the result of the reroll, even if it’s worse than the original roll.
This ability replaces armor training 3.

I have the skills and armor proficiencies modified, but I need help with the rest.
Jobe00 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old November 9th, 2011, 04:29 AM
have you played around with the editor yet? I'm not sure if you have a specific question for the information. Most of the items above can be created a Special abilities in the editor and attached to the class.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Jobe00

Old November 9th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Been fiddling with it. I know I have to create the abilities first in the Class Abilities tab then add the bootstraps on the archetype itself.

The Dodge Bonus will be pretty much the Dodge feat, but I need to add the armor penalty.

I don't know how to replace the level 1 fighter feat for Weapon Finesse.

Insightful Strike is just the Weapon Training on all weapons affected by Weapon Finesse.

The Daredevil Trick and Advanced Daredevil Trick I'm not sure how to make it where I can choose a rogue talent instead, and only allow one rogue talent and one advanced rogue talent.

Lucky is easy. Add the description and a marker in the Specials and In Play fields.
Jobe00 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Jobe00

Old November 9th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Figured out how to replace the 1st level bonus feat for Weapon Finesse.
How would I make it where I can choose another feat if a character already has Weapon Finesse?

Figured out how to do the Dodge Bonus, but I don't know how to include the limit "A daredevil loses this bonus when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load."
I looked at the barbarian fast movement to see if that would help, but I can't make figure out how to alter the code.

I think I found how to substitute rogue talents for bonus feats, but how do I limit them to 1 talent and 1 advanced talent at 10th level or later?
Jobe00 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 9th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe00 View Post
How would I make it where I can choose another feat if a character already has Weapon Finesse?
Just leave it to the user to delete the second copy and choose another feat - autmomating that process isn't worth the effort.

Quote:
Figured out how to do the Dodge Bonus, but I don't know how to include the limit "A daredevil loses this bonus when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load."
I looked at the barbarian fast movement to see if that would help, but I can't make figure out how to alter the code.
You'll need to recreate Dodge as a class special, rather than bootstrapping the feat, but when you add a class special to an archetype through the Class Specials option, do you see anything that might help you here?
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
Jobe00

Old November 9th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
You'll need to recreate Dodge as a class special, rather than bootstrapping the feat, but when you add a class special to an archetype through the Class Specials option, do you see anything that might help you here?
I've made a Class Special ability that uses the Dodge Feat as an Eval Script set to Phase: First and Priority 1000.
"hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACDodge].value += 1"

I also added it at the appropriate levels for the archetype (3, 7, 11, 15, 19).

This adds all 5 levels of it at 1st level though, so how do I get it to only add at the appropriate levels?

I also don't know how to make it not apply when the character wears medium or heavy armor or carries a medium or heavy load.
Jobe00 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Jobe00

Old November 9th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Looking over the tutorials, the rogue talent in place of one bonus feat would be a script that would just check for validity. Once you have your 1 rogue talent, you wouldn't be valid for anymore.
Then after level 10, once you have your advanced talent, you're no longer valid once more.
Jobe00 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 9th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Quote:
I also added it at the appropriate levels for the archetype (3, 7, 11, 15, 19).

This adds all 5 levels of it at 1st level though, so how do I get it to only add at the appropriate levels?
Do you mean that when you add 1 level of this, the character gets the benefit of all 5 copies?

Have you tried copying other Class Specials and glancing at their scripts - you'll see that most of them start their scripts off with the same boilerplate code - are you using that, too?

Quote:
I also don't know how to make it not apply when the character wears medium or heavy armor or carries a medium or heavy load.
When you add a class special in the "Class Specials" button, there are two options for each. The first is "Gain at Lvl", and the second is "Other Req". It sounds like you're making use of the level selection, so try clicking "Other Req" - see anything there that might help?
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
Jobe00

Old November 9th, 2011, 02:09 PM
The Dodge Bonus ability should only add +1 Dodge Bonus to AC at level 3. This bonus will increase by +1 at levels 7, 11, 15, & 19 (where it maxes out at +5).

I found the Light or No Armor under Other Req, but when I make a character at 1st level with the archetype, it still adds the +5 Dodge bonus to AC.

The closest thing to this is the Monk AC Bonus. The changes are that it's a Dodge Bonus to AC and it doesn't add another attribute to AC. Otherwise, it's similar.
I just don't know how to modify for what I want.

My whole problem is that I am not a programmer of any sort, and looking at most of the code confuses me more than anything else.

Last edited by Jobe00; November 9th, 2011 at 09:18 PM.
Jobe00 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Jobe00

Old November 10th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I've been looking at the Free Hand Fighter Archetype. It has the exact dodge bonus I want to use (though at different levels). So copied I renamed it.

I also was able to remove the one-hand penalty from the Elusive ability.

Since Free Hand's Elusive ability only replaces Armor Training 1, 2, 3, & 4, I need to think of another ability to replace Armor Mastery or leave it as is.

The whole archetype is slowly changing, but the abilities are what I want.
Jobe00 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote