Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

dungeonguru

Old August 8th, 2018, 05:23 AM
I'm not sure when these tags were added or if we've just never discovered them, but I figured I would share these tags for those of you that wanted to know what tags on weapons or natural attacks can easily modify the attacks (Hex warrior scripting I'm looking to refine you now). I'm adding them to the github wiki entry for natural attacks just in case:

DamageOpt.aDEX <- adding this tag asks the weapon attack to take the higher of Dexterity or whatever it normally uses (aSTR for melee weapons. You could easily ask it to use aWIS, aINT or anything.

DamageOver.aWIS <- this tag forces wisdom to be the damage calculation attribute, can use any of the attribute tags.

MelAttOver.aCHA <- this tag forces Charisma to be the melee hit modifier.

RanAttOver.aWIS <- this tag forces Wisdom as the ranged hit modifier.

MelAttOpt.aCON <- this tag asks it to determine which is higher, CON or STR for melee.

RanAttOpt.aCHA <- this tag asks to calculate which is higher Cha or Dex for ranged attacks.

For all the above examples, the second part of the tag can be any attribute modifier (aSTR, aDEX, aCON, aINT, aWIS, aCHA), not just the one I listed.

For all I know, these were added in a stealth update or maybe just missed in documentation somewhere. It reduces a lot of manual calculations that I've seen for things (specifically like the Hex Warrior ability scripting).
dungeonguru is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 8th, 2018, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
For all I know, these were added in a stealth update or maybe just missed in documentation somewhere. It reduces a lot of manual calculations that I've seen for things (specifically like the Hex Warrior ability scripting).
These are all tags from PF1. The 5e game system was actually forked from PF1 when it was created bringing along allot of its features like these tags.

The issue is even I don't 100% know what tags where kept and which are removed. On top of this just because a tag exists also does not guarantee the component logic exists. Meaning assigning the tag could do nothing.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old August 9th, 2018, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
These are all tags from PF1. The 5e game system was actually forked from PF1 when it was created bringing along allot of its features like these tags.

The issue is even I don't 100% know what tags where kept and which are removed. On top of this just because a tag exists also does not guarantee the component logic exists. Meaning assigning the tag could do nothing.
Ah, well I tested before I posted and they worked for swapping INT and CHA, so the logic looks to have leaked in.

The reason I found out about the tags is that I was copying an SRD monster as my base for another and one of the natural attacks swapped the ability without using the wProperty.Finesse. I fiddled around and they seem pretty solid.

Now I get to cross my fingers and hope a future patch doesn't "fix" that...
dungeonguru is offline   #3 Reply With Quote