Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TheIronGolem

Old March 24th, 2017, 01:31 PM
I need to implement an ability that causes the character to count as larger than their real size for CMD purposes, but smaller for CMB. From what I can tell, however, the ManeuvBon and ManeuvDef components lack a field for size modifier and just (I assume) take from the tManSize field of the Maneuver component.

My current solution is rather roundabout and ends up giving untyped bonuses and penalties while zeroing out tManSize. This gets the correct final value but it also means the rollover breakdown is totally wrong. Has anyone else dealt with this problem and found a more elegant solution?
TheIronGolem is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 24th, 2017, 01:38 PM
tManSize is calculated at Post-Levels/5000, and then first used at Post-Levels/10000. What phase and priority were you using? I'd recalculate it based on the effective size you want at Post-Levels/7000, and then overwrite the existing value.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old March 24th, 2017, 01:58 PM
How do I do that for CMD and CMB separately, though? That's the tricky bit; I need to pretend that the hero is one size for CMB and a different size for CMD.

EDIT: Unless maybe you mean that the two are calculated at different times? If that's so, I could maybe run a separate script to change tManSize just before each one is calculated...

Last edited by TheIronGolem; March 24th, 2017 at 02:02 PM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 24th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Okay, the fact that you needed to change it in different directions for each type was something I missed in your original post. No, there's nothing special you can do to get it to display better. Just add the correct bonus or penalty.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote