Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dhahn

Old May 10th, 2021, 02:31 PM
Sometimes, it’s fun to play a character with a major flaw even if you’re not playing an ancestry that imposes one. You can elect to take two additional ability flaws when applying the ability boosts and ability flaws from your ancestry. If you do, you can also apply one additional free ability boost. These ability flaws can be assigned to any ability score you like, but you can’t apply more than one ability flaw to the same ability score during this step unless you apply both of the additional ability flaws to a score that is already receiving an ability boost during this step. In this case, the first ability flaw cancels the ability boost, and the second ability flaw decreases the score by 2. Likewise, as an exception to the normal rules for ability boosts, you can apply two free ability boosts to an ability score receiving an ability flaw during this step; the first ability boost cancels the ability flaw, and the second ability boost increases the score by 2. For example, a dwarf normally gets an ability boost to Constitution and Wisdom, along with an ability flaw to Charisma. You could apply one ability flaw each to Intelligence and Strength, or you could apply both ability flaws to Wisdom. You could not apply either additional ability flaw to Charisma, though, because it is already receiving dwarves’ ability flaw during this step.
Optional Flaws:

The bolded text is mine. I would like to create an Android that receives two free boosts to her Charisma:

Default Android Abilities
  • +2 Dex (Android Boost)
  • +2 Int (Android Boost)
  • +2 Cha (Android: Free Boost)
  • - 2 Cha (Android Flaw)

Voluntary Flaw Abilities
  • +2 Cha (Voluntary Flaw: Boost)
  • - 2 Int (Voluntary Flaw)
  • - 2 Int (Voluntary Flaw)

Hero Lab allows me to double-drop the boosted stat as intended. However it keeps telling me I need to select one more ability boost, but yet I cannot select Charisma like I want to:

Screenshot

As far as I understand the rules, selecting Charisma again should be a perfectly legal choice. I am spending my free choice and optional flaw choice to boost the flaw twice.

For now I have added Base Value Modifiers to the PC, but it feels a little janky.
dhahn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote