Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Lonewolf147

Old May 10th, 2018, 05:16 AM
With every new update of the datasets, I get more and more errors on my iPad.

Back when Frog God Games released their Rappan Athuk dataset, I immediately installed it and have built all my characters with it active. Then I got an iPad and installed HL on it. I linked to the FGG source and downloaded the Rappan Athuk set and all was well when I imported my characters.

Then there was some changes and the RA set was no longer available, instead there is the FGG Pathfinder Content dataset. I know a lot of the Rappan Athuk data is in there, but a lot of it is also in the base Pathfinder Pack. Every time the Pathfinder Pack or the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game sets update, I get new Duplicate errors that I just can't seem to get rid of. I can no longer load any of my characters (that still work fine inside HL on my PC). Whenever I click on the Dismiss button, it just goes back to the main screen.

If I remove the FGG Pathfinder Content dataset, I can load most of the characters, but then I get errors that a bunch of data is missing (Rappan Athuk related). They will open, but without any of the missing data.

I'm really frustrated trying to get both HL on my PC and HL on my iPad to work equally.

For starters, can someone tell me what all datasets I should have installed on my iPad to have all current Pathfinder material available. Here is what I currently have:
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game v14.8
Mythic Playtest 1 Package v1.11
Pathfinder Gestalt v1.1
Pathfinder Pack v1.17
Lonewolf147 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old May 12th, 2018, 10:10 AM
In the case of Rappan Athuk errors, mostly duplicates.

There was one for damage reduction and another for the poison skill.
I open the RA file, in the editor, and find the duplicate that is conflicting with an updated file.
You can change the ID of whatever the conflict is.
I personally just went and deleted it.

I don't necessarily need Craft Poison, as a skill from RA sources, if I have Craft Poison that does the same thing, from a Paizo source.
That was my reasoning for just deleting it.
But you could rename the ID for whatever and have two Craft Poisons, each with it's own unique (and non-conflicting) ID.

I cannot get my (purchased) Lost City of Barakus, FGG_Razor Coast, or FGG_Stoneheart Valley files to load at all, no matter what I remove within the editor.
When I remove whatever the conflict was, even more errors appear.
I couldn't find a good option beyond not using the content (as it is no longer supported) and has broken when non-optional updates have occurred to the core Pathfinder files.
Kind of sucks, but FGG like a lot of smaller companies, cannot afford someone on staff to keep their HL stuff well oiled.
Ualaa is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lonewolf147

Old May 12th, 2018, 10:32 PM
I can fix the duplicates on my PC, but what do I do about my iPad? If I change the RA files, do I have to manually export them and then import them to the iPad? I'm guessing that's the only way?
Lonewolf147 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 13th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf147 View Post
I can fix the duplicates on my PC, but what do I do about my iPad? If I change the RA files, do I have to manually export them and then import them to the iPad? I'm guessing that's the only way?
Correct. HERE is the instructions on making a .hl for the iPad.

You want to make sure you get all the .user and .1st files. Do not include an .pkg (package) files as those are LW's encrypted files. Unless you happen to know FGG unique id they used you will have to create you own. This means the HL app won't know these are the same files as the official .hl file. So manually delete the FGG content on the iPad before you load your new .hl file.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lonewolf147

Old May 16th, 2018, 04:17 AM
Thank you. As always, super helpful

A side question for you... I have a static web address that I use to host stuff. How would I go about setting up a directory/address to be polled for my own files? So I could have HL auto download 'updates' of my personal files just like all the other updates? That would be a much easier way for me to keep my personal files in sync rather than emailing them to myself and opening them on my ipad.
Lonewolf147 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 17th, 2018, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf147 View Post
Thank you. As always, super helpful

A side question for you... I have a static web address that I use to host stuff. How would I go about setting up a directory/address to be polled for my own files? So I could have HL auto download 'updates' of my personal files just like all the other updates? That would be a much easier way for me to keep my personal files in sync rather than emailing them to myself and opening them on my ipad.
You can totally do this. See THIS post I did for showing how to setup such a thing using Dropbox. Just change the dropbox URL to your server location instead.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote