Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Tricky110974

Old July 25th, 2018, 12:47 PM
Just wondering what’s happening with HLC. The final rulebook, Planar Adventures has released, as well as a couple of Campaign Settings and Player Companion books, but there doesn’t appear to be any updates and they aren’t on the store to buy.

I get that LW have HLO for Starfinder and Pathfinder 2 Playtest, but Pathfinder 1 has not finished yet and I’m guessing many people are still playing it. I’m starting to think LW can’t cope with supporting existing products that have been paid for because they have bitten off more than they can chew trying to keep up with Paizo. And that is starting to make think of walking away. I’m not impressed with HLO so far, although I do have high hopes for it, but the lack of communication and output at the moment is finally getting to me.
Tricky110974 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
VideoGeek

Old July 25th, 2018, 02:05 PM
I figure they're prioritizing; Pathfinder is going to stop being a source of revenue soon, as are Hero Lab Classic users, so anyone who meets those criteria are at the bottom of the pile. It was good while it lasted.
VideoGeek is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old July 25th, 2018, 02:32 PM
If Pathfinder 1e ever makes it to Hero Lab online... I'll subscribe to that. Having a VTT able to draw information that reflects current buffs would absolutely rock.
Ualaa is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old July 25th, 2018, 03:47 PM
Why would PF1E stop being a source of revenue? Do you think that because Paizo stops generating new material for it, that they will cutoff Lone Wolf from continuing to sell the content they've developed? That seems really unlikely to me.

In fact, I expect that when PF2E goes gold, PF1E suddenly becomes a much bigger revenue generator since they will be able to sell already generated products and not spend much time on development (just cleanup stuff). Of course, they'll need to have staff working on the PF2E stuff, but that's separate.
Azhrei is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 25th, 2018, 03:54 PM
PF1 is not going to go away and neither is HLC. LW is swamped with 3 game systems (Starfinder, PF1 and PF2 playtest). Don't forget that Gen Con is 8 days away at this point also.

From what has been said the PF2 playtest is getting done and then the new books for Starfinder and PF1 will get done. Looks like there will be a little delay for once for PF1 material is all. I mean this is like one of the few books that was not available at the same moment as the book release.

HLC is not dead and neither is new books for PF1.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
VideoGeek

Old July 25th, 2018, 04:04 PM
I haven't seen anything about new books coming out for PF1. My subscription had no information on what was next, so I assumed for the time being, it was done. Meanwhile, since the release of HLO, HLC has had very little come out for Pathfinder. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but everything LW has said about their plans for the future for the last year or so makes it clear that they aren't interested in being primarily a character/encounter generator, they want to be a VTT. As someone who neither needs nor wants a VTT, I'm less than enthused.
VideoGeek is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old July 25th, 2018, 06:00 PM
Also keep in mind that even if LW had something ready, they probably wouldn't push it out this close to GenCon since they dont want to disrupt users at the con.
Minous is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Hostile17

Old July 26th, 2018, 11:28 AM
Is there something I missed? The current implementation of PF1 in herolab will stay as functional as it is now, which is more than I ever had before in my gaming career. I'm not sure why some are freaking out at a company trying to maintain it's employees gainfully employed. They aren't running a charity, if the product they will be making in the future does not appeal to you, don't buy it. You already have a product that does. They are unlikely to make it go away, perhaps stop making new content for it sure but PF stopped making new content for PF1 so we aren't going to miss much.
Hostile17 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old July 26th, 2018, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoGeek View Post
I haven't seen anything about new books coming out for PF1. My subscription had no information on what was next, so I assumed for the time being, it was done. Meanwhile, since the release of HLO, HLC has had very little come out for Pathfinder. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but everything LW has said about their plans for the future for the last year or so makes it clear that they aren't interested in being primarily a character/encounter generator, they want to be a VTT. As someone who neither needs nor wants a VTT, I'm less than enthused.
Could you point me at the posts that said they want HL to be a VTT?
Toblakai is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 26th, 2018, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
Could you point me at the posts that said they want HL to be a VTT?
I think he is going for a very simple comparison. VTT are online only tools, HLO is a online only tool, so HLO = VTT.

That comparison is really about where things ends with them both being an online tool. VTT's have very simple character building logic where HL both HLC and HLO are very sophisticated character building tools. That very reason is why we are all here in support of HL. VTTs are great for doing maps and collaborative online play.

The goal is that HLO will be able to "integrate" and enhance your experience with VTT's but it is NOT a VTT. LW does not want to compete directly with the VTT providers as that is harmful to everyone. Instead they are trying to position as another feature of using VTT or as a standalone product.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote