Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

marroon69

Old December 28th, 2021, 09:27 AM
So one of my players has a +2 Keen Spellstoring Rapier...the UI tells me that the Keen Rune and Spellstoring Rune require GM approval....As the GM I am struggling to figure out how to do that.

If I go to the "GM Approval" area none of the Runes show up. I gave him access to his "Fashionable Wayfinder" just fine...but if I search on "Keen" all I get is the "Oil of Keen Edges".

Any Idea what I am doing wrong?
marroon69 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old December 28th, 2021, 11:08 AM
I'm able to find Keen and other uncommon runes in the GM Approval tab. I know that's not very helpful but it doesn't appear to be a global bug or omission.

I wasn't able to find them initially, because I foolishly thought I could find runes by searching for "Rune." But I can find them searching just their name. Can you find any other runes, like Anchoring? Are they all missing for you?
mototom is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old December 28th, 2021, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
I'm able to find Keen and other uncommon runes in the GM Approval tab. I know that's not very helpful but it doesn't appear to be a global bug or omission.

I wasn't able to find them initially, because I foolishly thought I could find runes by searching for "Rune." But I can find them searching just their name. Can you find any other runes, like Anchoring? Are they all missing for you?
So on the GM Approval Screen you searched for Keen and it was there? I am think maybe I just do not understand how this is suppose to work
Attached Images
File Type: png validation report.png (214.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png weapons.png (148.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png GM approval.png (413.0 KB, 6 views)
marroon69 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 30th, 2021, 10:50 AM
Hello marroon69,

I did some quick troubleshooting and testing here and I found one situation where I was able to produce the results you see in the GM approval image, so maybe you'll have some luck.

What I did to reproduce what you see was to type "keen " - note the space at the end of the quote block, I believe you may have entered a space of your own at the end of the search term and the system is feeding you the only name result that has a full match since the "Oil of keen edges" has a space in the name.

In short, try again, but this time be sure you do not have a space after the word keen and I think you should be all set.

Sorry for the confusion but I hope this helps, thanks!

--
Ryan Furnas
Customer/Technical Support
<support@wolflair.com>
Ryan F is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old December 30th, 2021, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan F View Post
Hello marroon69,

I did some quick troubleshooting and testing here and I found one situation where I was able to produce the results you see in the GM approval image, so maybe you'll have some luck.

What I did to reproduce what you see was to type "keen " - note the space at the end of the quote block, I believe you may have entered a space of your own at the end of the search term and the system is feeding you the only name result that has a full match since the "Oil of keen edges" has a space in the name.

In short, try again, but this time be sure you do not have a space after the word keen and I think you should be all set.

Sorry for the confusion but I hope this helps, thanks!
So I tried it....still no luck for me. Here is an image where I highlighted the enter on the work "keen" to make sure there are no spaces. I also tried "kee" I still do not see it. I feel like I am doing something wrong but I have no idea what...
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2021-12-30 144748.png (410.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: png Screenshot 2021-12-30 145114.png (341.1 KB, 5 views)
marroon69 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 30th, 2021, 12:08 PM
Hey there,

Well, that's certainly a bit odd. I have a few ideas as to what might be causing this but I'm going to need to gather a bit more information than is advisable to ask for on the forums. Please send us a direct email to the address in my signature and I'll see what we can figure out.

When you send the email to us, please also include in that message the full URL from your browser address bar when you have the Character open, an attached copy of the Character Sheet PDF as it stands at this time, and any other context relating to whatever OPTIONAL rules you may have enabled on that Character so we can have a good bit of ammo to get researching with right off the bat.

Talk soon, thanks!

--
Ryan Furnas
Customer/Technical Support
<support@wolflair.com>
Ryan F is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old December 30th, 2021, 12:15 PM
Thank You for the help. I sent the email
marroon69 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old December 31st, 2021, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marroon69 View Post
So on the GM Approval Screen you searched for Keen and it was there? I am think maybe I just do not understand how this is suppose to work
Yes, that seems to be how it should work. I searched for keen and found it that way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg keen.jpg (398.4 KB, 4 views)
mototom is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old January 3rd, 2022, 03:31 AM
Ok I have been working with Ryan F from the Lone Wolf Staff...I have given him my character and he is taking a look. When I search for "Keen" the rune still does show. Must be something specific to the character
marroon69 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote