Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ryntak4536

Old April 11th, 2014, 11:01 AM
I think it'd be great, when I click to choose a containing topic, if the window that opened with all the available topics was in the same format that I have my almanac's set in.

Meaning: if I have my story almanac set up to show things in heirarchichal (did I spell that right??) view, then have the menu for choosing topics has everything in the same place.

If I have an city as a containing topic for an event/person, I have it set up so that they show up under the city in the story view (rather than under 'events' or 'people'). I'd like that same view in the window that pops up for me to choose containing topics.

Currently, when I click to choose the containing topic, all each item falls under its category, instead of in an heirarchical view.

Does that make sense?
ryntak4536 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old April 11th, 2014, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryntak4536 View Post
I think it'd be great, when I click to choose a containing topic, if the window that opened with all the available topics was in the same format that I have my almanac's set in.

Meaning: if I have my story almanac set up to show things in heirarchichal (did I spell that right??) view, then have the menu for choosing topics has everything in the same place.

If I have an city as a containing topic for an event/person, I have it set up so that they show up under the city in the story view (rather than under 'events' or 'people'). I'd like that same view in the window that pops up for me to choose containing topics.

Currently, when I click to choose the containing topic, all each item falls under its category, instead of in an heirarchical view.

Does that make sense?
Perfect sense to me! Actually, I was gonna post this myself.

I've noticed this when creating Relationships as well. Would be nice if they all worked the same way.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 14th, 2014, 04:37 AM
Each of the different dialogs has its own "state". This allows you to intentionally have them different from what you have in the navigation pane, which is sometimes incredibly beneficial.

If you always want them to be in hierarchical view, just click on the Tools button in the upper right within the dialog and toggle that behavior to "on". You can do the same for any other state. After that, it should be remembered and restored each time you enter the dialog.

Then, if you find a time in the future where you want to change things, you can easily do so.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ryntak4536

Old April 14th, 2014, 05:13 AM
Excellent! I didn't realize this! I'll give it whirl....
ryntak4536 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old April 16th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Thanks Rob!

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ryntak4536

Old April 22nd, 2014, 03:39 PM
Rob:

Is there a way to make my choice stay chosen? Currently, when I'm creating topics, I'll start a 'new topic', then I'll click to choose the containing topic, and select "Heirarchical view", and make my selection. Then, I'll create a new topic again, and when I go to select a containing topic, it's gone back to a straight list.
ryntak4536 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old April 22nd, 2014, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryntak4536 View Post
Currently, when I'm creating topics, I'll start a 'new topic', then I'll click to choose the containing topic, and select "Heirarchical view", and make my selection. Then, I'll create a new topic again, and when I go to select a containing topic, it's gone back to a straight list.
That broke in 1.0.1001.157, at least for the Mechanics Reference. (Before the update, it would remember. Now it doesn't.)

Last edited by Parody; April 22nd, 2014 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Adding more details.
Parody is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ryntak4536

Old April 23rd, 2014, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
That broke in 1.0.1001.157, at least for the Mechanics Reference. (Before the update, it would remember. Now it doesn't.)
I thought that was the case...

Thanks.
ryntak4536 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old April 23rd, 2014, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Now, that is sticking for me, but for Relationships it's broken...

Bug report sent!

Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #9 Reply With Quote