Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

draconswan

Old March 25th, 2021, 08:17 AM
Does anyone have an idea when the GM content for Age of Ashes will be available, or does anyone know of someone how has created it and can share it?
draconswan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
danyray

Old April 1st, 2021, 11:50 AM
I also had hopes for this, but now that I'm on book 5 it's less and less usefull. The encounters pack on HLC were a charm to use with Adventure Path, hope they start to release them again in HLO and not to far from the books release, I'll be in for sure..
danyray is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old April 2nd, 2021, 07:33 AM
even an update of whether or not they're working on it would be nice.

i'd been putting off running Age of Ashes in hopes of the GM content being released eventually, but recently i said screw it and have started the AP anyways. i'm the only one in the group using HLO-- the players don't really need it since PF2e is streamlined enough to play on pencil and paper easily. Campaign Theater is still useful to me as GM, but much less so than it could be if i didn't have to remake all NPCs and AP-specific monsters from scratch in HLO.
dacoobob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
MarcelGM

Old April 2nd, 2021, 10:30 AM
Abomination Vaults is great with a lot of cool archetypes, weapons and other extras. Would love to have all that content in HLO when I run it but considering how the older AP just stopped, my guess is that its not happening.

Would be nice to hear if they're done with adventures and adventure paths
MarcelGM is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Thrawn82

Old April 8th, 2021, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcelGM View Post
Abomination Vaults is great with a lot of cool archetypes, weapons and other extras. Would love to have all that content in HLO when I run it but considering how the older AP just stopped, my guess is that its not happening.

Would be nice to hear if they're done with adventures and adventure paths
I'm running EC now, and it's working great. having the items and toolkit monsters in there is enough to make it manageable even if i still have to hand create the unique monsters that appear in the APs.

but judging by how APs have stalled, i'm very concerned about what I'm going to do for the next AP. If the player side stuff and the toolkit items and creatures isn't in there, I'm not really sure i can justify to myself or my players the expense of patron HLO.

Last edited by Thrawn82; April 8th, 2021 at 10:00 AM. Reason: spelling
Thrawn82 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old April 2nd, 2021, 09:11 PM
Partway into Book 4, while I've had to create the NPCs and Hazards, at least the AP-specific monsters seem to pretty much be there.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old April 5th, 2021, 04:17 AM
I'm probably going to switch away from HLO for running games entirely. I've been playing with a self-hosted Foundry instance and loving it. Just ran a first session of a module with it, and it went pretty well. My homebrew game is going to stick with it for a bit longer at least.

The competition for the player side just isn't there yet though.

Realmworks Template Management
nightpanda2810 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Salrog

Old November 16th, 2022, 04:58 PM
Any update on this by chance?
Salrog is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2022, 06:33 PM
Well, you posted the same question on two threads about the same topic, so I'm just going to answer here. No updates on EL stuff right now. Once there's news on that front, I'll let you all know.
Daniel V is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
eruvanna

Old July 22nd, 2023, 08:47 PM
So, I know Campaign Theater is still in Beta. I have now played in 2 groups who use it during game and one group I'm running Age of Ashes in.

Dealing with the unique NPCs is a large pain in the patoot. It would seem that unless you know exactly hwo the author built the NPCs, getting them to align with the stat block via PC or NPC creation is nigh impossible (I've spent hours on a single character trying to input it, and still nto have it mesh with the stat block.) ... and they don't exist within the Vault. Would it be possible to just get something we could translate a Paizo stat block directly into CT? Either that or as some others have asked, GM content for purchase which could literally just be a pack of the unique NPCs and I think most people would be ok with that.

Matt
eruvanna is offline   #10 Reply With Quote