Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Svartsalf

Old December 18th, 2023, 08:47 PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to make an OG P2 character in Hero Lab online on both ap and PC, and even un-checking the box it's only allowing me to make remaster characters. I own all the books so it's not that, I've tried emptying cache etc and that didn't fix it, now I'm just frustrated.

Thank you

Last edited by Svartsalf; December 18th, 2023 at 09:27 PM.
Svartsalf is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 18th, 2023, 10:33 PM
Per Paizo's treatment of content, anything printed with the same name is errata and has been applied as such. Alignment we've also removed across the board per the underlying system change, as many things that previously interacted with it were changed, and have instead increased the emphasis on edicts and anathema.

Making a remaster character allows use of the new content (anything with a new name) and the new versions of classes, whereas non-remaster will use the old versions of classes. Any errata (new printing of same name) will always be applied.

Other than the addition of spirit damage in place of aligned damage (and holy/unholy), it's basically a bunch of minor balance changes and a new coat of paint. Is there anything in particular you were looking for that you aren't finding?
Daniel V is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 18th, 2023, 10:33 PM
In case you don't check the other thread in which you asked the same question...
Note that some of the changes were considered ERRATA by Paizo - and those changes effect everyone regardless of whether you activate Remaster or not. There may still be bugs, which you can report.

From Release Notes 2023-11-17: "PF2 - Errata and compatibility changes for older books per Paizo's FAQ/Errata page have been applied."
From HL Discord: "After Paizo made their blog post about how the remaster content was going to be treated, I made an extensive post outlining how that was going to be reflected in HL, since it was quite different than our initial approach. The reprints are errata, thus we need to treat them as errata. Characters can adopt the remaster to use the additional content that got added: everything with new names, and the new versions of classes. The existing content is still viable except a tiny number of things tied to alignment or spell schools, old books can still be used. The game system still is what it is, just some things have new paint."

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Svartsalf

Old December 18th, 2023, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel V View Post
Per Paizo's treatment of content, anything printed with the same name is errata and has been applied as such. Alignment we've also removed across the board per the underlying system change, as many things that previously interacted with it were changed, and have instead increased the emphasis on edicts and anathema.

Making a remaster character allows use of the new content (anything with a new name) and the new versions of classes, whereas non-remaster will use the old versions of classes. Any errata (new printing of same name) will always be applied.

Other than the addition of spirit damage in place of aligned damage (and holy/unholy), it's basically a bunch of minor balance changes and a new coat of paint. Is there anything in particular you were looking for that you aren't finding?

Thank you I guess I was just weirded out, I thought that the alignment change wasn't errata as such. Just part of the remaster going forward not backdated. Not a big deal for me though, rather I'm joining a new group and they are using OG still so just have to nut that out with them.
Svartsalf is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Svartsalf

Old December 18th, 2023, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
In case you don't check the other thread in which you asked the same question...
Note that some of the changes were considered ERRATA by Paizo - and those changes effect everyone regardless of whether you activate Remaster or not. There may still be bugs, which you can report.

From Release Notes 2023-11-17: "PF2 - Errata and compatibility changes for older books per Paizo's FAQ/Errata page have been applied."
From HL Discord: "After Paizo made their blog post about how the remaster content was going to be treated, I made an extensive post outlining how that was going to be reflected in HL, since it was quite different than our initial approach. The reprints are errata, thus we need to treat them as errata. Characters can adopt the remaster to use the additional content that got added: everything with new names, and the new versions of classes. The existing content is still viable except a tiny number of things tied to alignment or spell schools, old books can still be used. The game system still is what it is, just some things have new paint."
thank you I did see it, I wasn't sure which was the better page and tried to remove this one after posting the other one
Svartsalf is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kethoth

Old December 24th, 2023, 06:01 AM
It would be nice if there was a setting in my profile to 'never Remaster content ever'.
Kethoth is offline   #6 Reply With Quote