Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

forty2j

Old March 15th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilvagor View Post
If you take a Stegadon or Ancient Stegadon as a mount for a Skink hero it doesn't use up the Special or Rare slot. There for you could have technically 5 Ancient Stegadons (4 Hero, 1 Rare) in a 2000pt list.
Related to this, Kroxigors bought with Skinks shouldn't be using a special choice, as best I can tell from the army book.
forty2j is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
forty2j

Old March 15th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benman View Post
-
- Razordons/Salamanders; Adding 1 Handler is fine when 1 Salamander/Razordon is chosen. Take 3 Salamanders and 1 handler costs 15 points.
My reading of the army book is that you may have 3 handlers per shooty lizard, or you may have 4 handlers per shooty lizard. You can't have 2 shooty lizards and 7 handlers.. you can only have 6 or 8 handlers. So adding "1" handler when you have 3 salamanders should really add 3 handlers.

Something I noticed: Add a salamander unit. You get a sal and 3 skinks. Add a sal to the unit. You get a sal and 6 skinks. Remove a sal from the unit. You get a sal and 4 skinks.

Maybe instead of +/- being enabled for the skinks, there should be an "extra handler per salamander" option on the salamander itself.
forty2j is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
forty2j

Old March 15th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Stegadon War-Spear shouldn't be available to a Saurus hero.
forty2j is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Benman

Old March 15th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I still read, quote "3-4 handlers per Salamander". You're free to take either 3 or 4 per Sallie. It doesn't say when you take 1 extra on 1 Sallie you must take 1 extra Handler on the second or third Sallie. Andf they cost an extra 5 points per Handler.
Taking 3 Salamanders at "3-4 handlers per Salamander" that will allow you to take 9 to 12 Handlers.
Anyway, pointswise it still is not correct in the datafile. If you take 3 Salamanders and 3 extra Handlers, these extra Handlers cost 45 points. It should be 15.
Benman is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
forty2j

Old March 15th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benman View Post
I still read, quote "3-4 handlers per Salamander". You're free to take either 3 or 4 per Sallie. It doesn't say when you take 1 extra on 1 Sallie you must take 1 extra Handler on the second or third Sallie. Andf they cost an extra 5 points per Handler.
Taking 3 Salamanders at "3-4 handlers per Salamander" that will allow you to take 9 to 12 Handlers.
I get it from the "Upgrade: One additional Skink handler per Salamander". Sounds like a binary choice to me. Should probably check with GW and see what they really meant here.

Edit to add: I submitted the question to the rulezboyz, for whatever that's worth.

Quote:
Anyway, pointswise it still is not correct in the datafile. If you take 3 Salamanders and 3 extra Handlers, these extra Handlers cost 45 points. It should be 15.
I didn't test that, so I'll take your word for it.. though I'd love to see the stats on a 15-pt skink

Last edited by forty2j; March 15th, 2009 at 01:44 PM.
forty2j is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Benman

Old March 15th, 2009, 02:08 PM
While Karlhunt is updating his file, you might try this one: http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....8&postcount=19
Benman is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
forty2j

Old March 17th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Confirmed by GW:
- Krox's bought with Skinks do not use a Special choice
- Extra handlers bought with Salamanders/Razordons are a binary upgrade - you have 3 per, or you have 4 per. You can't have a unit with 2 Sallies and 7 handlers. "If you purchase extra handlers, you have to add one per Salamander."
forty2j is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Benman

Old March 17th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Rulezboys? Do they still exist at GW? I know they used to be accessible through the old GW-forums. Don't know where to find them now.
Benman is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old March 18th, 2009, 03:16 AM
Yep...the salesmen (Rulezboy) are still there. We've found that they are useless as all heck . When I had a few major questions about the old Vampire Counts army my group and I couldn't figure out or come up with on our own we called them and the guy told me I should have picked an army with a more clearer book (and he was serious about it).

We've just come to the conclusion that common sense is the best way solve any rules disputes. Rulezboys basically just roll a dice to see what answer to give. There's no mystical binder that they have at their desks to answer any questions.
gilvagor is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old March 18th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Been there done that.
We decided to test the Rulezboyz way back when and asked them the same set of questions about rules/armies etc multiple times and got different answers each time we asked. It was very eye opening as to their thought processes on rules questions and answers.
One website I visit that has the official GW FAQs on it as well as other rules clarifications from some of the guys at GW (the people who make the games not the guys that answer phones) is here
http://www.geocities.com/mi_whplayers/dwfaq.html
check it out
Yobtar is offline   #20 Reply With Quote