Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Jobsays

Old September 10th, 2016, 05:31 PM
Hey all,

I'm new to HL scripting and am trying to add the Favored Soul sorcerous origin using the editor. I'm stuck on trying to add a Class Special or Custom Ability to the portfolio using Eval Scripts. I've created Chosen of the Gods as a Class Special with an Array-Based Menu where each item in the array is a Domain name (Knowledge, Life, etc.). I've created Class Special & Custom Abilities for testing with the corresponding names (since I don't know which I should be using or will work). Now I want to setup an Eval Script so you can pick one of those domain names from the array and it will add the corresponding Class Special or Class Ability to the portfolio. Where I'm running into trouble is trying to figure out what Group ID the Class Special Or Class Ability belongs to?

Eval Script (copied/modified from Dragon Ancestor):
Code:
doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

doneif (tagis[Helper.Disable] <> 0)

if (field[usrIndex].value = 0) then
        perform assign[GroupID???.TagID4Knowledge]
      elseif (field[usrIndex].value = 1) then
        perform assign[GroupID???.TagID4Light]
        endif
Any help would be much appreciated. I've scoured the internet for some 5e tag reference guide, looked in .1st files, etc. and figured I must be missing some simple way of looking up the group ID of a tag from within the editor or something.
Jobsays is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 10th, 2016, 07:20 PM
I'm useless with scripting but I have started collecting information in a single place that may be useful to you. Feel fee to add to it with your learnings.

https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_C...Common-Scripts
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old September 11th, 2016, 08:04 AM
Isn't favored soul in the Community pack? If not I'll have to upload it to GIT. I've had it for months . .

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Hansmo

Old September 11th, 2016, 02:14 PM
I haven't seen it show up in my HL. But it is possible I have some source unchecked that needs to be checked.
Hansmo is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old September 14th, 2016, 09:44 AM
I uploaded Favored Soul to the GIT site. It should be available when these is time. I am not sure if it can be downloaded from where I uploaded it too . . .

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 14th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Tip: If you are trying to figure out how to do something the GitHub Repo for the community pack is a great resource.

https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_Colab

Simply use the search bar up the top to type the name of the thing you are trying to work with. The search results will show you all of the code where that named thing has been worked with previously giving you examples of how to achieve things that have already been achieved.
daplunk is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Jobsays

Old September 14th, 2016, 10:50 PM
Thank you @Mergon and @daplunk! I can't tell you how much time you saved me trying to reinvent the wheel

I saw others around the web looking for this as well, so in case they stumble across this post, the file on Git is here: https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_Colab/issues/435
Jobsays is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
eldamir

Old September 16th, 2016, 03:39 PM
How do I add content from git? Just clone the repo locally and copy it's content into my C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\5e directory?
eldamir is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 17th, 2016, 03:19 AM
That's it.
daplunk is offline   #9 Reply With Quote