Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Bloodwolf

Old October 1st, 2020, 03:57 PM
Whoo! Whoo! I got it.

I have the old school version still in the file. Do you want me to send you a copy without the old style or keep it in?

I'm going to keep a copy of it so that it doesn't get lost if I remove them from this copy.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1011 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 2nd, 2020, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
Whoo! Whoo! I got it.

I have the old school version still in the file. Do you want me to send you a copy without the old style or keep it in?

I'm going to keep a copy of it so that it doesn't get lost if I remove them from this copy.
Awesome! Feel free to send whatever you have. Happy to incorporate it into the next release.
Sendric is offline   #1012 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old October 2nd, 2020, 08:42 AM
Cool. I'll send it in after work.

Do you want me to update the dragons in the MM to match? I'll simply make copies and change the copies. Then when I send them in all you will have to do is update the file name to the actual in MM.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1013 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 2nd, 2020, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Cool. I'll send it in after work.

Do you want me to update the dragons in the MM to match? I'll simply make copies and change the copies. Then when I send them in all you will have to do is update the file name to the actual in MM.
Hmmm...not yet. Not sure if that's necessarily the best way to do it.
Sendric is offline   #1014 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old October 2nd, 2020, 03:45 PM
Got it.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1015 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old October 4th, 2020, 04:13 PM
I tested things on the black dragon and got it working easy and perfect if you want to see. I left the old spell-like abilities unchanged with only adding the new version of spell-like abilities so that the two can be seen side by side and so there was no "changes" made to the original entry.

I changed the name of the dragon so that it was easier to pick but that is easy to fix.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1016 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 5th, 2020, 07:08 AM
Quote:
I tested things on the black dragon and got it working easy and perfect if you want to see. I left the old spell-like abilities unchanged with only adding the new version of spell-like abilities so that the two can be seen side by side and so there was no "changes" made to the original entry.

I changed the name of the dragon so that it was easier to pick but that is easy to fix.
Sorry. Just getting to this now.

Looking at the file you provided, it looks pretty good overall. I haven't really done much with dragons recently. Is there a reason why you gave the Fang Dragon it's own Crush, Tail Sweep and Trip abilities? Is that how the other dragons are set up?

Also, if you are able to update the other dragons in a separate file, that's probably ok. I thought you were going to be changing the original file, and I wasn't sure if that was going to work out well if I also had changes to make.

Thank you.
Sendric is offline   #1017 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old October 5th, 2020, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Sorry. Just getting to this now.
No problem.

Quote:
Looking at the file you provided, it looks pretty good overall. I haven't really done much with dragons recently. Is there a reason why you gave the Fang Dragon it's own Crush, Tail Sweep and Trip abilities? Is that how the other dragons are set up?
I had to give it's own Crush and Tail Sweep because those are physical attacks and thus need the damage of one size category larger. So to do that and get the live name to appear correctly I had to create their own.

As for the Trip I did that so that the language matched the Draconomicon.

Quote:
Also, if you are able to update the other dragons in a separate file, that's probably ok. I thought you were going to be changing the original file, and I wasn't sure if that was going to work out well if I also had changes to make.
All of the heavy lifting can be done in a separate file but the SplAb files will have to be bootstrapped in each dragon.

I have the black dragon done. I did create a "copy" of the MM black dragon to work with, but it doesn't have to be done. All that has to be created is the SplAb entry and any of the sla entries needed. Then the SplAb entry bootstrapped to the appropriate dragon.

Quote:
Thank you.
Your welcome.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1018 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old October 7th, 2020, 07:30 PM
Ok ran into a snag on the red dragon. Their Locate Object has a use per day equal to their age category. Umm not sure the scripting for that.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1019 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old October 7th, 2020, 08:10 PM
Code:
     field[hTotal].value += hero.child[xAgeCat].field[Value].value
I know that I can use that to gen the age category to become a variable that I can use. I just can't figure out how to make it a Value in one of the Fields in a Bootstrap and get it to set the charges per day equal to the field value. The coding accepts it and does not pop an error when I test it but it doesn't put the value in.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1020 Reply With Quote