CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 29th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Seeley, I'll look at that... thanks!

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old August 5th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaOdd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
OK, I'll add it to the fix list, Erica.
Any update on this yet?
EricaOdd is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old August 8th, 2014, 09:15 AM
I'm making up some characters for an upcoming con game, and I'm running across a bug.

The character has this as one of his powers:

Altered Form (7): Fall-Proof, More Elastic (x4), Requires Activation.

By my calculations, he should have a Reach of 5". Altered Form gives you Reach 1". I've taken More Elastic four times, which increases Reach by 1" each time.

However, HeroLab is saying that he has Reach 9".

I went back and re-built the power, and when he only has Altered Form, his reach is 1". As soon as I add one instance of More Elastic, his reach jumps to 3". It's increasing his reach by 2" per instance of More Elastic rather than 1".
EricaOdd is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old August 10th, 2014, 01:22 PM
SPC again. There doesn't seem to be a way to buy a new skill at d4 with Super Skill. The drop-down menu only shows skills you've already purchased using regular skill points.
EricaOdd is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old August 10th, 2014, 11:21 PM
OK, I'll fix the More Elastic, I see the error. Thanks for spotting that!

As far as the buying a New Skill, you're right, there's not. The way Hero Lab works internally, there was a real problem supporting this. We talked it over with Shane at Pinnacle, and the amount of changes it would have taken to allow this wasn't worth it for how rare it is.
The reason it's rare is that if this is when the character is being built, cost-wise you are much better off buying the new Skills with normal character build points. You basically get them for half as much that way. Why spend a whole Super Power Point, which gets you two raises in Die Type once you have the Skill? You can take away one Skill Die Type raise from the normal character build Skill increase, buy the new Skill, and then use that Super Power Point to raise both Skills up one Die Type. You still have the original Skill at the same Die Type, plus you have the new Skill at d6 rather than d4. Does that scan? We also couldn't figure out why anyone would want to do it.

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane

Last edited by CapedCrusader; August 10th, 2014 at 11:23 PM.
CapedCrusader is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old August 14th, 2014, 07:53 AM
It can still be useful after character creation, as normally you can only get one new skill at d4 with an advancement, but you can get lots of new skills at d4 using Super Power points. However, if the program itself makes it difficult to implement this, that's a different story. No worries.

And thanks for addressing the More Elastic bug.

What about the issue with Super Attributes not being accounted for when buying or increasing skills?
EricaOdd is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old August 14th, 2014, 05:54 PM
It's on the list. The issue is that I do this part-time in addition to a day job as a database developer. And I'm right in the middle of doing the Sci-Fi Companion, so the next round of bug fixes will come after that.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old August 16th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Here is a bug that I noticed: many edges that require an Arcane Background it will use a wild card Arc? in the coding. This works, but it also makes it so that Arcane Resistance and/or Improved Arcane Resistance passes the validation.

I got around it in my own house rules by precluding the original versions of the two Arcane Resistances, and then made my own versions that do not start with Arc for their ID. I also had to make versions of the edges for Magical Items as with they would not know to look at my new versions.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.

Last edited by SeeleyOne; August 16th, 2014 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Added my (possibly temporary) solution.
SeeleyOne is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old August 18th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Aargh! You're right. That one's been around for a while.

Since I can't change the original Arcane Resistance unique id names, I'll have to go through and find all those places and code for that. Excellent catch!!

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old August 18th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Another bug that I noticed today was with the Advance where you can buy off a hindrance. The intent is that you add it as an Advance, then delete a minor hindrance from your character. This creates an error with the number of Reward Points.

The fix is to make a mechanic (which I did).
I called it "Buy off Hindrance".
Pre-Traits 5000, Before Calc trtFinal
Code:
foreach pick in hero from Advance
    if (eachpick.tagis[AdvanceId.advBuyOff] <> 0) then
        hero.child[resHinder].field[resMax].value += 1
    endif
nexteach
You are welcome! If this is ever fixed officially please tell me so I can drop it from my user file.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #70 Reply With Quote