Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

dmordred

Old April 10th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Greetings

I have 2 suggestions/requests for features, and I do believe it'd be tricky to make it work, but here we go anyways:

#1-
I'd like to be able to "save" a particular unit I've customized and named in the roster back to the data files, so I can put together a roster directly from my own, already built and painted army, with their names and individual pictures. EDIT: I do know we're able to save the unit, but it's a single unit for file and using it is a boring process, what I'm proposing is make it a data file, to pick directly.

Which comes to #2:
I have 3 SM captains, each customized in a proper way, to fit particular encounters, and when I set the picture I've noticed I set the same to them all!
"of course" I thought, "the picture must be set to the custom data ID instead of the roster entry ID".
Well, the suggestion is to make a button to set a picture unique to the entry, this way infantry squads can use all the same or pic a particular one.

Don't know If I was clear in the request, and if there's already something like that please point me how to, cause I've read most help and found nothing!

thank you for your time
best,
DMordred
Lord Camord Oburo of the Orient Brigade

EDIT: clarifying some points

Last edited by dmordred; April 10th, 2011 at 05:38 PM.
dmordred is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
gmerrick

Old May 1st, 2011, 08:46 AM
I posted a suggestion like this a couple of months ago and an answer I got from a forum member was that this has been on a wish list for a while. It seems that my post has been deleted.
gmerrick is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
karlhunt

Send a message via MSN to karlhunt Send a message via Yahoo to karlhunt

Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
Easy fix. Go into the AB Creator and make a NEW datafile (.dat) under the system you are using. In your example the AB40k5 folder. Create a new unit for each captain and assign the appropriate gear. make sure to tag them as Race SM.

Save your new file. Your new troops will show up as Options when you make a new roster.

For simplicity, open the sm5EDat.dat file and select the Space Marine Captain then duplicate the options you see on that screen into your own file.

That's how I made my Special characters file for Fantasy. Don't know why everyone insists on Deleting Valten every time I readd him.
karlhunt is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Homer S
Volunteer Data File Author

Old May 5th, 2011, 04:57 AM
You can create and save units directly using AB3.x. You can then load those units into new rosters. You can even give them custom names and I think assign pictures in the latest version. The only thing I think is missing is custom pictures by unit. So all Gribbly Clusters units get the same picture.

Homer

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer S is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
dmordred

Old May 25th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Quote:
You can create and save units directly using AB3.x. You can then load those units into new rosters. You can even give them custom names and I think assign pictures in the latest version. The only thing I think is missing is custom pictures by unit. So all Gribbly Clusters units get the same picture.

Homer
Yes I'm aware you can save units one by one, but loading it is a deadly pain in the... anyways my complete collection is around 100 men strong (13 squads and some vehicles) and it's a pain to manage them using the built in save.

if you could load the directory with the save units to easily pick'em up, it'd be great. noticed some other people requesting this as well.

And for custom pictures, yeah it's a shame to use a generic image for my captains, hope it gets implemented someday soon.
dmordred is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 26th, 2011, 10:10 AM
You should be able to assign all 3 pictures for your Captains to the generic "Space Marine Captain" unit. Then, before you print a roster, you can edit the images for each captain in the roster, and tell it to print the appropriate one for each Captain - that way you can pick which image goes with which model.
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote