Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

DJalin1

Old April 19th, 2020, 08:35 PM
So an update on what I have been doing.
I currently have 2 games running Pathfinder 2e and running them in Roll20 as a Pro subscriber. Still getting used to the learning Curve, But I have already started setting up some macros. Maps have been fairly easy to work with and set up. I will forever be a Table Top preferred gamer, but I am working with it.

I am actually a Founding Member of D20Pro, but I havent been able to get anything going with it.

My one concern with Roll20 is the lag I have been experiencing with dice roll macros. Also setting up has been getting a bit annoying with lag. While editing NPCs I click on a box and have to wait until I can actually edit it. With that said, it is the active community that drew me to Roll20. There are several already helping me learn how to set up macros. I do feel that Roll20 isnt giving Pathfinder 2E the support I have seen in fantasy grounds. Fantasy groups has many more books available.

Addition:
I am really excited about the chance that HeroLab (Supported for decades) could have VTT connections in the next few weeks to a month. Currently have to put up 2 screens, one with HLO and the other with Roll20. Oh and also Discord for Video Chat. I like seeing people at the table..... Old Schooler in me.

Last edited by DJalin1; April 19th, 2020 at 08:38 PM.
DJalin1 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 19th, 2020, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJalin1 View Post
I am really excited about the chance that HeroLab (Supported for decades) could have VTT connections in the next few weeks to a month. Currently have to put up 2 screens, one with HLO and the other with Roll20. Oh and also Discord for Video Chat. I like seeing people at the table..... Old Schooler in me.
I am currently playing D&D 5E on roll20 with dndbeyond (and beyond20 browser extension). The integration of the character sheets from dndbeyond is probably what HLO will eventually be like with any VTT for pathfinder (2E) games. The dndbeyond set up is lacking some tight integration which hopefully HLO will be able to implement.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is online now   #12 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old April 24th, 2020, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
I would recommend putting effort in contacting the VTTs that have greater interaction and (Offical) support for Starfinder, PF2 and Shadowrun.

Astral - PF2
Roll20 - PF2, Starfinder
Fantasy Grounds - PF2, Starfinder
D20Pro - Starfinder

I am not seeing one that has official support with Shadowrun, but I could be missing it.
Astral now Supports Starfinder.
Dragnmoon is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Nightstar

Old April 25th, 2020, 12:05 PM
Great news. That's one down... Several more to go.
Nightstar is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
AranMull

Old April 29th, 2020, 02:37 PM
Just making sure it is added to the list of requests. I know it is possible to go from the Classic version of HL pathfinder to the Classic version of FG. Working with FGU, Pathfinder 2E, and HLO now. Sure would be nice to be able to do a quick port over. Also would make it a much more attractive option if you want folks to purchase and maintain a HLO account (instead of just a free FGU account and use their GM's content).

Offering this as one of those GM's who has and will be maintaining all of the content ... but with players who like being able to go into HeroLab (and would love to do the same with HLO) and futz with various options and then use them in-game.

Just sayin' ...
AranMull is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
DJalin1

Old May 11th, 2020, 12:56 PM
Any word on VTT Support? or downloading content?
Every game I play is now online
DJalin1 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 11th, 2020, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJalin1 View Post
Any word on VTT Support? or downloading content?
Not in any of the recent patch notes.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is online now   #17 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 13th, 2020, 09:50 PM
Work on exporting the data in a clean manner is actively underway on our end. There are actually lots of pieces involved in doing this well, so it's not something we can just throw together quickly. Well, I guess we COULD, but then all the VTTs would be stuck with a quick hack solution, and nobody would be happy. So we're NOT doing it that way.

The mechanism is being designed to support consumption by both user-created tools (e.g. prettified character sheet output) and VTTs. The latter will likely be grabbing the data repeatedly during a session, so we're including support for reporting only deltas. It's a similar mechanism to what we use internally within the product to keep bandwidth utilization to a minimum.

When we have something ready in an early state, I'll be posting to let folks know about it here. I'm certain that @Jamz will want to take a look, and I'm pretty sure a few others will, as well. Then we can assess what adjustments are needed. My best guess is that an early look will likely be a couple weeks from now. Something final really depends on how much tweaking will be needed based on the initial feedback.
rob is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 14th, 2020, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
The mechanism is being designed to support consumption by both user-created tools (e.g. prettified character sheet output) and VTTs. The latter will likely be grabbing the data repeatedly during a session, so we're including support for reporting only deltas.
Will this include HLO pushing changes to the VTT (such as a change in HP), rather than the VTT having to continously poll HLO for changes?

Farling

Farling is online now   #19 Reply With Quote
DeadOrc

Old May 17th, 2020, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Work on exporting the data in a clean manner is actively underway on our end. There are actually lots of pieces involved in doing this well, so it's not something we can just throw together quickly. Well, I guess we COULD, but then all the VTTs would be stuck with a quick hack solution, and nobody would be happy. So we're NOT doing it that way.

The mechanism is being designed to support consumption by both user-created tools (e.g. prettified character sheet output) and VTTs. The latter will likely be grabbing the data repeatedly during a session, so we're including support for reporting only deltas. It's a similar mechanism to what we use internally within the product to keep bandwidth utilization to a minimum.

When we have something ready in an early state, I'll be posting to let folks know about it here. I'm certain that @Jamz will want to take a look, and I'm pretty sure a few others will, as well. Then we can assess what adjustments are needed. My best guess is that an early look will likely be a couple weeks from now. Something final really depends on how much tweaking will be needed based on the initial feedback.
That's great to hear and thank you for approaching this in a sensible, technically debt free (where possible) way,
DeadOrc is offline   #20 Reply With Quote