Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Nero Shade

Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:21 PM
Fixed the other issue by deleting the Community Bestiary files. They were preventing Hero Lab from loading my other user files.
Nero Shade is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero Shade View Post
Fixed the other issue by deleting the Community Bestiary files. They were preventing Hero Lab from loading my other user files.
What could also be done is going to the editor to delete the "Yrthak, Boreal" race from the AP51 file in the Community Bestiary; even if HeroLab has gone into safe mode, you can still access those files in the editor. That will get rid of the problem without having to remove all the Comm Bestiary files (or at least it did for me)

EDIT: See this post for an update / correction

Last edited by Lord Magus; February 3rd, 2013 at 09:11 AM. Reason: update
Lord Magus is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Phantom Stranger

Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Magus View Post
What could also be done is going to the editor to delete the "Yrthak, Boreal" race from the AP51 file in the Community Bestiary; even if HeroLab has gone into safe mode, you can still access those files in the editor. That will get rid of the problem without having to remove all the Comm Bestiary files (or at least it did for me)
That worked
Phantom Stranger is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
FullMadness2012

Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:28 AM
Was able to get all updates...good work folks.
FullMadness2012 is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Baraccus

Old February 3rd, 2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Baraccus, try the rollback file in my post at the top of page 2 - that should get you up and running while we sort out this problem permanently.

Oops, never mind, saw you're already trying it. We have some ideas as to what could be causing this and will be putting out a beta soon to try and hopefully fix the issue.
That would be great. I definitely want to get my hands on the items in that new update.
Baraccus is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 3rd, 2013, 04:38 PM
Could someone who has run into the crash problem please do the following? I'm still unable to reproduce the crash here, and I'd be very interested to hear what happens if you did this:

1) Download the latest Pathfinder data file (v7.7) from the updates mechanism and import it. (Don't worry, after you're finished with this you can import the "rollback" version again to get back to normal.)

2) Load the Pathfinder files. They should cause a crash like they did before.

3) Relaunch Hero Lab and load any other game system (for example, the Authoring Kit Sample game system).

4) Go to Tools -> Explore Folders -> Program Data Folder. An Explorer window should open.

5) Navigate to the "data" -> "pathfinder" folder inside the explorer window

6) Find the file "FGGTomeHC.pkg". What size is this file?

7) Delete the "FGGTomeHC.pkg" file.

8) Go back to Hero Lab and load the Pathfinder game system. Do you still get a crash?

It'd be really helpful if you could let me know the results to steps 6 and 8. Thanks for your help!

(Once you've done this, you can import the "rollback" version and go back to using Pathfinder again.)
Colen is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
FullMadness2012

Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:35 PM
Okay, everything is working *able to update again*, but...the ability to purchase a package is OFFline.
FullMadness2012 is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Tordek

Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Could someone who has run into the crash problem please do the following? I'm still unable to reproduce the crash here, and I'd be very interested to hear what happens if you did this:

1) Download the latest Pathfinder data file (v7.7) from the updates mechanism and import it. (Don't worry, after you're finished with this you can import the "rollback" version again to get back to normal.)

2) Load the Pathfinder files. They should cause a crash like they did before.

3) Relaunch Hero Lab and load any other game system (for example, the Authoring Kit Sample game system).

4) Go to Tools -> Explore Folders -> Program Data Folder. An Explorer window should open.

5) Navigate to the "data" -> "pathfinder" folder inside the explorer window

6) Find the file "FGGTomeHC.pkg". What size is this file?

7) Delete the "FGGTomeHC.pkg" file.

8) Go back to Hero Lab and load the Pathfinder game system. Do you still get a crash?

It'd be really helpful if you could let me know the results to steps 6 and 8. Thanks for your help!

(Once you've done this, you can import the "rollback" version and go back to using Pathfinder again.)
File Size 8,454 kb.

Restarted Hero Lap and it crashed.

Here is the error
HeroLab.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

Please email a DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING, in as much detail as possible, along with this message, to support@wolflair.com. PLEASE NOTE: Unless you tell us what you were doing, we won't have enough information to fix this problem!

Right click and choose "Copy to Clipboard" to copy these details, or you can find them in this file: C:\DOCUME~1\TAMIAN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\lwderror2912.tx t

C:\Program Files\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe
4.1a 349

major: 5, minor: 1, build: 2600, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 3, spmaj: 3, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000100, type: 1
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x005ab17d
Type: bad read

Running Win XP media center - SP3
Tordek is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:52 PM
Oddly enough, after the update, I was able to run HL with the v7.7 files on both my XP machine and my Vista machine. Earlier today I experienced crashes on my XP machine and rolled it back.

FGGTomeHC.pkg is reading as 8,656,693 bytes on both systems as well.
d20Maverick is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 4th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Both of you guys deleted the FGGTomeHC.pkg file before you launched Hero Lab again, right? And it still crashed?
Colen is offline   #50 Reply With Quote