Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 1st Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kizan

Old January 2nd, 2021, 11:45 AM
Does anyone else have the odd thing where some (but not all) characters show "Options Mismatch" even though it's a BRAND new PC that was made in the campaign? Running "Use campaign options" make the list of PCs flash and the message is back.

Playing with it a little it the option appears to do something. If I change options so they don't make the campaign options "Use campaign options" will update the settings to make it match, but the message never goes away. So you can't tell if they really are matching or not.

Anybody else see this? (Yes, I filed a bug report).

Thanks,

Kizan

Me: How bad could it be?
Him: What's the worst that could happen?
Kizan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old January 2nd, 2021, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizan View Post
Does anyone else have the odd thing where some (but not all) characters show "Options Mismatch"
All the time, on virtually every character and NPC, in all systems. Whatever that feature is supposed to tell us, it's broken and has been for as long as I've used HLO.
mototom is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old January 3rd, 2021, 06:04 AM
Bummer, thanks for the confirmation.

Kizan

Kizan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
magpi

Old January 3rd, 2021, 10:57 AM
Agreed, it worked for maybe a week when that feature came out, but will never 'sync' features now despite me clicking the option to do so.
magpi is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old January 3rd, 2021, 11:06 AM
I posted a bug report and got a quick and really nice reply. Looks like it's something they are working on. For the most part it seems to actually work (as in the option changes PCs that are non-compliant), but the message never disappears.

From Bug Squashers:
"Honestly, we don't quite know yet. We have had on and off functionality for the options failing to and then suddenly working when comparing them to the host Campaign over the last few months. For the time being your best bet is to hash out the settings the GM wants for the game and then manually check to be sure you're following them. Once the GM is good with that they can then check your Character to choose an option to ignore Campaign Mismatches.

We hope to have this settled in time but since it seems in most cases to just be a detection issue rather than a proper bug that is actually harming character functionality there is a fair chance this may remain standing for a while as we focus on issues that break or make impossible certain characters directly."

Thanks Bug Squashers!

Kizan

Last edited by Kizan; January 3rd, 2021 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Grammar
Kizan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote