Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Ualaa

Old July 5th, 2019, 06:39 PM
Without giving the character a level in a Path of War class, is there a way to give characters maneuvers and stances.
Ideally as an adjustment; the feat chain isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm using a house rule, that any 3/4 or Full BAB class gets five disciplines of choice, the recovery method of choice, at the progression rate of a Warder.

The current method is to just make a Warder of the appropriate level, and then print them maneuvers from that character.

I'd ideally like to give the current (non-Warder) version of the character the stances, so their print out can be in a given stance.
If that's possible.
Ualaa is offline   #1691 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old July 8th, 2019, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Without giving the character a level in a Path of War class, is there a way to give characters maneuvers and stances.
Ideally as an adjustment; the feat chain isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm using a house rule, that any 3/4 or Full BAB class gets five disciplines of choice, the recovery method of choice, at the progression rate of a Warder.

The current method is to just make a Warder of the appropriate level, and then print them maneuvers from that character.

I'd ideally like to give the current (non-Warder) version of the character the stances, so their print out can be in a given stance.
If that's possible.
For house rule purposes, the easiest way would probably to make an archetype that grants the pick-your-own disciplines (see the PoW Fighter archetype for an example) and the maneuvers, then copy that for each class being used. That will mean using the editor, though.
Roadie is offline   #1692 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 12th, 2019, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
For house rule purposes, the easiest way would probably to make an archetype that grants the pick-your-own disciplines (see the PoW Fighter archetype for an example) and the maneuvers, then copy that for each class being used. That will mean using the editor, though.
This is most likely the best way to go. The PoW system was designed with the idea of maneuevers being linked to a class and I am not seeing a good way to take that logic out. Its sort of like trying to give spellcasting to a character through an adjustment. It just wouldn't work very well.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1693 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old July 12th, 2019, 03:54 PM
I am looking to start a new Eberron campaign using Pathfinder. I was not relishing the thought of entering the Eberron Campaign Setting into Hero Lab, but then I noticed that a bunch of Eberron stuff had already been entered into the community pack! Once again, I benefit from the hard work of the community (and ShadowChemosh in particular - thanks for all the work you do maintaining this pack).

My actual question - is there any documentation on what has been entered for various sources in the Community Pack? In particular I'm interested in the Eberron content and the Ultimate Psionics material. Mostly I'm just looking ahead for any potential elements that I will need to enter as house rules.

Also, is there any outline of the conversion process done for classes and races in the ECS? I have started poking around with a test portfolio making various class/race combos, but if there is some documentation of how the conversions were handled somewhere, that would be easier to review.

Regardless, thanks so much to all the terrific volunteers who put so much work into this package. You really have increased the utility of HL for me.
JustinThomason is offline   #1694 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old July 13th, 2019, 07:58 AM
Most of Ultimate Psionics is part of the Community Package.

I occasionally find a power that is on more than one list, with a different level for a Tactician than for a Psion, but listed at the level a Psion gets it for both.

Little bugs like that, but they're rare, and if posted to this thread they all get squished.

Not sure on the Eberron stuff exactly.

Under the Configure your character section.
Within the Campaign Settings section, there is Eberron.
The available checks are:

Eberron Campaign Setting
Hide Non-Eberron Campaign Languages
Hide Non-Eberron Deities
Hide Non-Eberron Ethnicities
Hide Region of Origin Tab
Faiths of Eberron
Races of Eberron
Sharn City of Towers

I have Races enabled, which adds a Region of Origin Tab to the character sheet, so have also checked the box to hide that.
But aside from that, haven't really delved into Eberron, although I liked it when it came out.
Ualaa is offline   #1695 Reply With Quote
LoppnessMonsta

Old July 23rd, 2019, 11:08 AM
Hey guys- been tinkering with the Editor and enjoying it, so thanks for helping me get that started. I have noticed some things in the community pack I haven't been able to solve yet.

The Improved Flight feat from FGG-Tome of Horrors is not correctly updating the Fly skill penalty. So a Clumsy flier with the feat becomes Poor, which should reduce the Fly skill penalty from -8 to -4... but the penalty remains -8.

The Magus: Spell Combat adjustment is not displaying the "Melee Touch" and "Ranged Touch" weapons in the weapon tab. I remember seeing the Touch weapons when I first started using it, so I'm not sure if this is just some setting I accidentally toggled off somewhere, but if it is, I can't find it to toggle it back on.
LoppnessMonsta is offline   #1696 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old July 23rd, 2019, 11:25 AM
Aren't Melee Touch and Ranged Touch found on the left column of info under the Spells selection tab (where you select your memorized spells for the day)? Or add them as an Adjustment from Community Pack?
Krothos is offline   #1697 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old July 23rd, 2019, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoppnessMonsta View Post
The Improved Flight feat from FGG-Tome of Horrors is not correctly updating the Fly skill penalty. So a Clumsy flier with the feat becomes Poor, which should reduce the Fly skill penalty from -8 to -4... but the penalty remains -8.
Most likely a timing issue... will have to take a look into this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoppnessMonsta View Post
The Magus: Spell Combat adjustment is not displaying the "Melee Touch" and "Ranged Touch" weapons in the weapon tab. I remember seeing the Touch weapons when I first started using it, so I'm not sure if this is just some setting I accidentally toggled off somewhere, but if it is, I can't find it to toggle it back on.
Did you add the Melee/Ranged Touch attack weapons on the Weapons tab? This adjustment is meant to work with the community Ranged/Melee Touch which you add manually to a character...

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1698 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old July 23rd, 2019, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThomason View Post
My actual question - is there any documentation on what has been entered for various sources in the Community Pack? In particular I'm interested in the Eberron content and the Ultimate Psionics material. Mostly I'm just looking ahead for any potential elements that I will need to enter as house rules.
Sorry I missed this before...

No documentation sorry. Eberron has everything from the core rulebook entered and then some stuff from Races of Eberron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThomason View Post
Also, is there any outline of the conversion process done for classes and races in the ECS? I have started poking around with a test portfolio making various class/race combos, but if there is some documentation of how the conversions were handled somewhere, that would be easier to review.
I think I put a note on most things on what I did when converting. I followed the standard Pathfinder guide for conversion. I tried to stick as close as possible to the rulebook.

The strange ones that don't fit are as follows:
1) Artificer gets Gold (GP) instead of XP.
2) For Warforged I turned some of the Race feats into a free racial option you choose at level 1.
3) Turn Undead was converted to Channel Energy where I could and I think I left off a feat or two that had no way to convert.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1699 Reply With Quote
LoppnessMonsta

Old July 26th, 2019, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Most likely a timing issue... will have to take a look into this...

Did you add the Melee/Ranged Touch attack weapons on the Weapons tab? This adjustment is meant to work with the community Ranged/Melee Touch which you add manually to a character...
Ah! I suspected I was doing something wrong. I could have sworn I initially saw some green auto-added Touch attacks pop up at some point, but clearly I was mis-remembering. That part's working fine, now. Thank you.
LoppnessMonsta is offline   #1700 Reply With Quote