Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Dark Lord Galen

Old May 7th, 2018, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
Because there is no other company, just Paizo that releases role-play content that RW users would be interested in.

Nothing like good ole fashion transference. Point the fingers to left and right, "It's their fault!".
Thought the same thing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
I'm assuming a contractual obligation. Some things can't be avoided once it's written into a legal document. I poked BJ on it and her response was that she could not publicly discuss the agreements between LWD and other 3rd party companies so I'm sure i can safely jump to this conclusion.
I agree Daplunk, had a similar conversation with BJ back at Gencon50 (now 10 months ago). BUT I, like Exmortis points out, know many in the industry that are not Paizo.... unless companies like Froggod, Kobold Press, etc are all waiting to see what Paizo / LWD do?
Eh.. maybe, or maybe the security concerns are more widespread than LW eludes... no one but they know those answers.

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #401 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old May 7th, 2018, 10:06 AM
I'm not sure I can agree with some of what people are saying and givnig LWD the benefit of the doubt. The Content Market had been in the making for over 4 years, not 1 year.
You can view previous GenCon lectures of Realm Works and it's titled
Gen Con Seminar: Preparing Content for the Realm Works Content Market
Recorded at CenCon 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6n6h6eqEA8

So too now blame Paizo that it's there fault and they have a lot on there plates with Pathfinder 2.0 and there new website design is a bunch of "BS".

Even the GenCon 2015 seminar talks about the Content Market and both of these used Rise of the Runelords.

I first learned about Realm Works and the Content Market around Oct 2015, and the response back then were it's right around the corner.

So I waited, then in March 2017 I was checking in the status of the Content Market since it still wasn't released. And of course LWD responds someplace with, we will have great news in the coming few weeks.

I then posted in May of 2017 and this was a response;
"Our hope is to have the Content Market out by Paizo Con or close to it. Our devs have been hard at work adding improvements and necessary items to make this happen.

Yes there will be some Paizo Modules available at launch. I am not at liberty to say which ones yet."

So I purchased RW exactly one year ago today.
While it's a great product, I don't have the time to manually enter a complete adventure like Curse of the Crimson Throne. I've been waiting patiently for over 1 year for the Content Market, and monitored the forum for a little over 1 year prior to purchasing it.

So again using Pathfinder 2.0, the Paizo website or even pushing the issue to Paizo now is total "BS" because you've been working on this product(Content Market) since 2014, maybe earlier. That's 4 years.

The excuses need to stop. You need to be up front with your KS backers and us normal supporters who've purchased your product. Just tell us will it be this year, or next year.
joepacelli is offline   #402 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old May 7th, 2018, 12:08 PM
"you've been working on this product(Content Market) since 2014, maybe earlier. That's 4 years."

In January 2013, they said that the content market was "expected to be available soon after the public release" (which was July 2013) and they had been working on it for "over 3 years".

So, depending on where you start counting from, it's 5 1/2 years or 8 1/2 years, or perhaps somewhere between those if you want to assume they didn't work on the CM from the start, but were working on it when the kickstarter was released because they said it would be ready soon.
MaxSupernova is offline   #403 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 7th, 2018, 01:57 PM
Oh I agree it's a poor excuse given the length of time it's been used but it's all the information we have at this point. As for the legal stuff my guess is there is a contract that requires them to launch with Pathfinder as the primary product. I know they are sitting on content that's ready so it would be idiotic for them to do that if they have a way around that. They probably could have challenged that agreement if this had been the issue years ago but given Paizo have had to wait for LWD to be ready LWD really don't have any power in the conversation.

End of the day thus is doing a lot of damage to LWDs brand and future customers are getting scared off. I've seen them talking about these delays in other mediums. So LWD need to find a way to break through this and they need to start communicating their plan to do so.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #404 Reply With Quote
Tharmiones

Old May 7th, 2018, 10:06 PM
Looks like recent complains are piling up.

So let me predict what will happen next:
There will be a statement from <enter random LWD employee here> that they currently do not have much news but we shall expect to see some <great/exciting/lengthy or similar or combination of these> in the next <days/weeks/until random date generated by the none existing customer Calendar>.

This will calm down the emotions and there will be thank you posts all over the place just because of this useless post. The announced timeframe/date will pass by with no information posted. Weeks will pass by and the complains will start to pile up again, starting this circle on square one again.

Did I miss something from how it went the last times?

*Yawn*
Been there done that, even got the T-Shirt. Wore a hole in it and now use it as a duster.
*Yawn*
Tharmiones is offline   #405 Reply With Quote
ri_gamer

Old May 8th, 2018, 04:56 AM
Well said Tharmiones!
ri_gamer is offline   #406 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old May 8th, 2018, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharmiones View Post
Did I miss something from how it went the last times?
You forgot the usual bit about how us demanding answers is distracting the developers from actual work, and therefore we are the problem.
MaxSupernova is offline   #407 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old May 10th, 2018, 02:18 PM
I just want them to move on to other promised features, like "Calendars"... or bug fixes. I'm done caring about the content market.
Viking2054 is offline   #408 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old May 10th, 2018, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
I just want them to move on to other promised features, like "Calendars"... or bug fixes. I'm done caring about the content market.
THIS!

I would love for the CM to be completed and have content I can buy.

But I didn't buy RW for the CM. I am not a Kickstarter backer. I bought the software what it was at the time I bought it. What I don't like is the lack of further development.

Sure, it is still serviceable as is. I can still continue to use it as is and continue to manage my world building with it even if LWD goes out of business. And there is nothing else out there yet that has the feature see that would convince me to move.

But it frustrates me to know that there are features like calendars that are in their but not polished enough for release. I would much rather they add custom calendars and Web access.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #409 Reply With Quote
Deo

Old May 10th, 2018, 11:46 PM
what i think is going on:
WotC has a oficial Digital tools set for D&D th5 it's called dndbeyond.com So all companies that like to use there content need a API from them.
This is a good start from WotC now we only need to buy the books ones + the standalone content for RW, roll20 or FG etc. dndbeyond is working hard on the thet api and the character sheets api when thet is done there rolling it out to the 3th partys. no one is aloud to talk about it by dndbeyond there like to bring the big news ofc..
Deo is offline   #410 Reply With Quote