Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Muspellsheimr

Old March 24th, 2014, 05:14 PM
I am working on a Monk archetype that uses Charisma for their class features (Ki pool, unarmored AC, ability DC's, etc) in place of Wisdom.

Is there a way to do this with a script in the archetype, instead of editing every ability to check for the archetype or cloning abilities for the archetype?

If not, what is the command to check for the archetype tag within an Eval script - Helper.archID, Helper.classID.archID, or something else?

Last edited by Muspellsheimr; March 24th, 2014 at 05:44 PM.
Muspellsheimr is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mad Hamish

Old March 24th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muspellsheimr View Post
I am working on a Monk archetype that uses Charisma for their class features (Ki pool, unarmored AC, ability DC's, etc) in place of Wisdom.

Is there a way to do this with a script in the archetype, instead of editing every ability to check for the archetype or cloning abilities for the archetype?

If not, what is the command to check for the archetype tag within an Eval script - Helper.archID, Helper.classID.archID, or something else?
I'd suggest looking at the Sage Sorcerer or the Scarred Witch Doctor to see what they do.
Mad Hamish is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Muspellsheimr

Old March 25th, 2014, 09:08 AM
The Sage archetype is useless; the archetype tab has a built-in attribute override for spellcasting.

I was not aware the Witch Doctor even existed. While it does help, it does not cover what I need it to.
Muspellsheimr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 25th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Quote:

Perhaps. For abilities, you can replace StandardDC tags for DCs, and some (not all) abilities also use ChargeCalc and ChargeAttr tags to determine how many uses they get of an ability. For anything which actually calculates it's value inside the script, and stores that in a field value, you can manipulate that field from the outside with an eval script.

Quote:
#hasarchetype[UniqueID]
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
plays2many_rps

Old October 23rd, 2015, 02:38 PM
I'm looking for help doing virtually the same thing, except with Intelligence in place of Wisdom in a Cleric. I would prefer to create an Archetype that does this & make it so that the Cleric must have access to certain domains as the trade off for getting to use a different modifier for calculating things.

Any "how to" advice needs to be dumbed down to the "that guy doesn't know anything" level, since I have never done anything like this myself.
plays2many_rps is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old October 24th, 2015, 10:22 AM
For DC's this script has helped me out with Kung Fu Genius.
perform hero.child[fStunFist].tagreplace[StandardDC.?,StandardDC.aINT] @ Post-Attributes 11000.

As for the Archetype if you go to the Class tab and click on the archetype tab you can easily override the spell attribute within the options listed in the center of the page. I did a test and all I needed for spells was spell override and archetype for "Cleric" selected.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 24th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind View Post
For DC's this script has helped me out with Kung Fu Genius.
perform hero.child[fStunFist].tagreplace[StandardDC.?,StandardDC.aINT] @ Post-Attributes 11000.
This timing seems WAY too late to make this change. You would want to make the change to which attribute is used BEFORE any script starts to use attribute values. I would move it to like Post-Levels/10000 or so.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old October 24th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Ok thanks.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
plays2many_rps

Old October 26th, 2015, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind View Post
As for the Archetype if you go to the Class tab and click on the archetype tab you can easily override the spell attribute within the options listed in the center of the page. I did a test and all I needed for spells was spell override and archetype for "Cleric" selected.
I found the way to add an Archetype that I create, but still not how to make it change the Cleric to using Intelligence as its primary attribute.

Also learned a few things from Shadow's videos on YouTube, but have only gotten through a few of them.
plays2many_rps is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old October 28th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Well since the tables in the editor "move" depending on the resolution of the display your OS is using I can't be certain exactly where it will end up on your end, as for me it was the center column under "Spellcasting Details" which from there you can click on "Override Spell Attribute" and select Intelligence. As I said though it may be on the first or third column too depending on your resolution.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #10 Reply With Quote