Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DonTuel

Old May 2nd, 2019, 03:45 PM
I've been trying to figure out when the Spell DC Calculation occurs. I need to change most of the values slightly. If I change them too early, some appear to get doubled. If too late they don't take effect.

Thanks for any assist,
Don
DonTuel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old May 2nd, 2019, 04:02 PM
What are you trying to do? There are a lot of feats and what not that do similar stuff.
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DonTuel

Old May 2nd, 2019, 05:13 PM
Basically the following:

Based on one of three classes, if the character multiclasses, set the sDCAttr field to the maximum of Int, Wis or Cha bonus.
Based on the level of each class add to the sDCMisc field.
Based on the amount of power placed in the spell (my home brew uses Power Points) add to the sDCMisc field.
The level of the spell may change based on a magic style, so I need to set the sDCLevel field.

That pretty much covers it.
DonTuel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old May 2nd, 2019, 05:32 PM
Well, lets not do things the hard way. Take a look at pClsSplAtt adjustment from the community pack. That will set the spell casting stat for you, just need to replace the choosers with the appropriate values. pSplDCAll will show you how to adjust all spell level DCs, pS2SpellDC shows you how to do it with specific spells. As for spell Level see pSpellSlot. Screwing around with raw fields is asking for trouble.
Minous is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DonTuel

Old May 2nd, 2019, 05:53 PM
Interesting. I cannot find pClsSplAtt, pSplDCAll or pSpellSlot in the community pack. pS2SpellDC is there.
DonTuel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old May 2nd, 2019, 06:02 PM
Some of those may be core adjustments, I really didn't look at the sources too closely. If you pop into the editor and just search by those in the adjustment section it should come up.
Minous is offline   #6 Reply With Quote