Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

kridak

Old October 13th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Hi everyone...

We are starting a sandbox campaign in November and i am wondering if Realm Works will be able to handle Fog of world on a map that is hex based?

If it can, is there an easy way to remove fog of world on each hex as my players explore, do i need to draw a hex outline to remove fog? Does realm works automatically generate fog on each hex? and i can simply click a hex to open it? how smart is it?

Trying to figure out if realm works is the right program for what i want to do....or should i just do the map in d20pro and use their fog of war instead as the players can move from square to square and i can open the square for them easily.

Any advice greatly appreciated....

Jody
kridak is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old October 13th, 2013, 06:46 PM
There's currently no support for recognizing hexes (or any other shape) on a map - it's just a graphic. There is fog of world, and you remove it with a brush tool of adjustable size - so if the hexes are drawn on the map then it will be easy for you to "rough in" the reveals, and then go back and clean up as much as desired between sessions. Since Realm Works supports dual monitors you can have a second monitor showing the players the map as you reveal the hexes they explore.

What Realm Works will allow you to do is create topics for every location and encounter, and then pin them to your map. These pins are not visible to the players by default, so when they enter a new hex, they see whatever is drawn on the map, and you see a collection of pins which link directly to the relevant information. Realm Works also supports multiple tabs, so you can keep the map open for your reference even while you're opening tabs showing the encounters and other details you need for running the next part of the campaign.
pyremius is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kridak

Old October 14th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the info pyremius. Was helpful
kridak is offline   #3 Reply With Quote