Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Hollis
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 10th, 2016, 12:54 PM
Version 1.8 of the 5th Edition SRD files for Hero Lab is now available. This update features enhancements, bug fixes, and data file authoring updates. Here's the full changelog:

Enhancements & Changes
  • Temporary hit point pools have been added. Now temporary hit points from sources such as the false life spell can be tracked.
  • Keeping track of projects undertaken during downtime has been added. This can be found under "Optional Rules" on the configure hero window - when this rule is enabled, a new "Downtime" tab appears. Now users will be able to keep track of long-term projects taken between adventures, such as the crafting of magic items or the construction of keeps and strongholds.
  • Custom monsters can now set their multitattack text in the "Custom Monster Details" section of the race tab. This will be displayed in the stat block and Special tab as normal. If your creature can attack simultaneously with claws, a bite, and a stinger attack, you'll be able to see it.
  • The tiefling's infernal legacy ability has been split into three separate abilities. This will make it easier for variant tieflings to replace individual spells granted by this ability.

Bug Fixes
  • Magic weapons and armor now weigh as much as the base item by default.
  • On the background tab, if the same background trait was rolled twice, deleting one of them would leave you with a trait that couldn't be deleted.
  • Goggles of night were raising an error when activated.
  • Common clothes had the wrong price.
  • A paladin with the Oath of Devotion was getting their constant protection from evil and good at first level.

Data File Authoring
  • The ability to rename a class's spells and spellbook is now available in the editor.
  • Hit die size is now automatically set according to the race's size. This can still be overridden in the editor.
Hollis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 10th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Thanks guys!

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 10th, 2016, 05:53 PM
Ooh...wasn't planning to fire up HL tonight, I've got some re-certification coursework to get through....but I have to take a look at the downtime activity tracking functionality.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old October 11th, 2016, 02:08 PM
One suggestion directed at Temporary Hit Points is that we be able to set the minimum to 0 instead of 1.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 13th, 2016, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergon View Post
One suggestion directed at Temporary Hit Points is that we be able to set the minimum to 0 instead of 1.
I think if you don't want the temporary HP from a pool to be counted, you can uncheck the pool and it'll be ignored - does that help? If not, can you tell me more about what you're trying to do?
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old October 20th, 2016, 04:13 PM
I had reasons when I asked my question at the time. My worries turned out to be of no consequence.

I do have a related question though. In the description of Temporary Hit Points, its stated that Temporary Hit Points from the ame source don't stack, while those from difference sources do. Any idea where I can find the source for this statement?

I've been search the net for an official confirmation of this statement without luck so far. I am so hoping (and afraid as a DM) that you are correct.

Mergon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
dropbear8mybaby

Old October 20th, 2016, 07:23 PM
Quote:
I had reasons when I asked my question at the time. My worries turned out to be of no consequence.

I do have a related question though. In the description of Temporary Hit Points, its stated that Temporary Hit Points from the ame source don't stack, while those from difference sources do. Any idea where I can find the source for this statement?

I've been search the net for an official confirmation of this statement without luck so far. I am so hoping (and afraid as a DM) that you are correct.
Do you mean in the rules or in the program? In the rules, ALL sources of THP do NOT stack. If you gain a new source of THP while you already have THP, then you make a choice whether or not to replace your current amount with the new amount.
dropbear8mybaby is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old October 20th, 2016, 10:31 PM
That's what I thought, but someone on the forums said they got an email reply back from sageadvaive@wizards.com that said temporary hit points from different sources did stack. I sent an email myself to sageadvice@wizards.com to verify what is the correct ruling.

Mergon is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
dropbear8mybaby

Old October 20th, 2016, 10:44 PM
Quote:
That's what I thought, but someone on the forums said they got an email reply back from sageadvaive@wizards.com that said temporary hit points from different sources did stack. I sent an email myself to sageadvice@wizards.com to verify what is the correct ruling.
You don't need a sage advice ruling. It's on page 198 of the PHB under the big heading "Temporary Hit Points".

Quote:
If you have temporary hit points and receive more of them, you decide whether to keep the ones you have or to gain the new ones. For example, if a spell grants you 12 temporary hit points when you already have 10, you can have 12 or 10, not 22.
Seriously, do people never actually read or reference the rules before asking questions about them? Looking up the rule is far quicker.
dropbear8mybaby is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old October 20th, 2016, 10:48 PM
<sigh>

I HAVE read it, unfortunately it does NOT say anything about pools of temporary hit points from multiple sources.

I have been finding postings about it on various sites that go both ways. What I have not found is anything official that confirms it.

Please don't make judgement calls when you don't know all the facts.

Mergon is offline   #10 Reply With Quote