Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 19th, 2012, 06:52 PM
A new update of the Pathfinder files for Hero Lab is now available from the automatic updates mechanism within Hero Lab.

This update adds Blood of Night to our existing Player's Companion: Golarion #4 package. This package is available for $4.99, already contains Knights of the Inner Sea, and will get one more book from Paizo's Player's Companion line once it's published.

Also, we're added Mystery Monsters Revisited to our existing Campaign Setting #9 package. This package is also available for $4.99, and already contains the Inner Sea Bestiary and Artifacts & Legends.

In addition to the new books, we've added the player content from adventure path issue #65, and expanded our situational modifier coverage to include attacks, maneuvers, and initiative.

Here's the complete change list, copied from the FAQ:

New Releases!
  • Content from Mystery Monsters Revisited is now available as part of the Pathfinder Campaign Setting #9 package.
  • Content from Blood of the Night is now available as part of the Pathfinder Player's Companion Golarion #4 package.
Enhancements & Changes
  • Added player content from Pathfinder #65 "Into the Nightmare Rift".
  • Abilities that add situational modifiers to attacks, initiative, and combat maneuvers now add those changes to the attack, weapons, initiative, or combat maneuvers. Rest your mouse over that item on the Basics tab or Weapons tab to see a list of all the situational modifiers that might apply, so that you can decide which of them do apply. These situational modifiers are also displayed on the printouts.
  • Updated the description of Prone Shooter to reflect recent FAQ answers.
  • Updated the price and description of Amulets of Mighty Fists to reflect recent FAQ answers.
  • Added Ki Strike, Cold Iron/Silver to the monk to reflect recent FAQ answers.
Bug Fixes
  • The cost of magical ammunition was not being calculated correctly.
  • Two runes were missing from the Forgemaster archeytpe.
  • Some wayfinders granted by vanities were not not working right with type I ioun stone resonant powers.
  • Racial Inspire Courage was not counting for Pre-reqs that required Inspire Courage.
  • Many feats from the APG were still adding their bonuses even when disabled.
  • Missile Shield and Ray Shield feats were missing their 1/round tags.
  • Mounted Shield was not applying a situational modifier to the Ride skill.
  • The Rage Prophet PrC's Rage Mystery class ability was not allowing the selection of specific spells, adding them to the oracle spell list, or enforcing their selection once chosen.
  • The Rage Prophet PrC's Indominatable Caster class ability was missing the "(Ex)" tag.
  • The Rage Prophet PrC's Ragecaster class ability was missing the "(Su)" tag.
  • The Rage Prophet PrC's Spirit Warrior class ability was mismarked as (Sp) rather than (Su).
  • The Nature Warden PrC's Companion Bond class ability was not showing on the Specials tab, when it should once you hit 5th level.
  • The Nature Warden PrC's Natural Empathy class ability was not modifying the description of Wild Empathy.
  • The Nature Warden PrC's Silverclaw and Ironpaw class abilities were not applying their Damage Reduction to the animal companion.
  • The Nature Warden PrC's Companion Soul class ability was not showing on the tracked resources as 1/day (for the scrying ability).
  • The Master Chymist PrC's Brutality class ability was showing on the Specials tab when it shouldn't (since it is automatically calculated and added when affected by a mutagen), and was missing the (Ex) tag.
  • The Master Chymist PrC's Nimble class ability was applying a situational to Dex that stated had a bonus on Strength ability checks.
  • Many Horizon Walker custom abilities were still applying their effects when disabled. Others were showing on the Specials tab when they didn't need to. All the Terrain Dominance abilities had a common typo, closing the parenthesis too late.
  • The Horizon Walker's Terrain Dominance for Plane, Good-Aligned did not have a selector to choose among favored terrains.
  • The Horizon Walker's Terrain Dominance for Plane, Evil-Aligned and Law-Aligned had selectors to choose among favored terrains, but they were only allowing the choice of Chaotic Plane favored terrains.
  • The Holy Vindicator PrC's Divine Wrath, Divine Judgement, and Divine Retribution class abilities were missing appropriate SpInfo tags. The Stigmata abilities had an incorrect line-break.
  • The Battle Herald PrC's Inspiring Command class ability was not calculating it's number of charges correctly. No charges were being added for levels after 1st.
  • The Battle Herald PrC's Sound the Retreat class ability was modifying its name on the Specials tab for no reason.
  • Many Witch Hexes were missing spell info (or had the wrong spell info), Ward was missing from the In-Play tracked resources, and Cackle was missing (Su) and Disguise was mismarked as (Ex).
  • The Summoner's Shield Ally class ability was applying circumstance modifiers to saves incorrectly.
  • The Summoner's Maker's Call class ability was missing spell info.
  • The Rogue's Canny Observer was missing it's situational modifier applied to Perception.
  • The Burgler rogue archetype's Careful Disarm ability was missing it's situational bonus on Ref saves vs. traps.
  • The Spy rogue archetype's Skillful Liar ability was missing it's situational bonus on Bluff checks to decieve.
  • Many Rogue archetype abilities and Tricks were still functioning when disabled.
  • The Horse Lord ranger archetype was not applying the situationals for it's bonus to Ride/Handle Animal with the animal companion.
  • The Shapeshifter ranger archetypes Form of the X class abilities were missing spell info at the appropriate levels.
  • The Spirit Ranger ranger archetype was missing spell info for it's Spirit Bond abilities.
  • Several Paladin archetype class abilities were still functioning when disabled.
  • The Mana Wastes Mutant was adding to dexterity, not constitution.
  • The text on the Mana Wastes Mutant abilities Acidic Pustules and Increased speed was wrong.
  • The monk's Tongue of Sun and Moon ability wasn't appearing in the Languages section of the stat block.
  • The Martial Artist Monk Archetype now replaces all the Ki Strike abilities.
  • The Bunyip had the scent ability instead of keen scent.
  • The Mana Wastes Mutant was basing its ability DCs off racial hit dice, not total hit dice.
  • The Shaping Focus feat was throwing errors when it was adding to special wild shapes associated with an archetype.
  • The Ranged touch attack bonus was being calculated incorrectly on the summary panel and in printed output, it was using the melee attack bonus instead.
  • The Barroom Talespinner trait wasn't allowing you to select Diplomacy as the class skill.
  • The Iron Weapon revelation wasn't counting the bonus from the Aasimar Oracle favored class bonus correctly..
  • The Iron Liver trait wasn't showing on the specials tab.
  • The Secret Revolutionary trait wasn't adding a situational.
  • The Sorcerer Efreeti bloodline's Efreet Form power wasn't computing its duration correctly.
  • The Oread race's speed was 30 instead of 20.
  • The Tekko-kage was not available for purchase as a custom/magic weapon.
  • In some cases, the Extra Performance feat was not adding it's +6 rounds to the correct thing.
  • Raging Swimmer was adding notes to the wrong skill.
  • The Furious item power was not functioning correctly when applied to an Amulet of Mighty Fists.
  • While building a custom/magic shield, if you added a material, and then changed your mind and decided that it should not use a material, the "- Normal -" option would report an error it should not have been reporting.
  • The Friend to the Animals revelation was forcing the player to have all summon nature's ally spells rather than only the ones he wanted.
  • Clerics with the Theologian archetype were still receiving proficiency in their deity's favored weapon.
  • The Scarred Witch Doctor archetype was not removing the Witch's 1st level Hex.
  • At 4th level and above, a Sea Witch would have 1 too many hexes.
  • An Elf with the Dreamspeaker ART was still showing immunity to sleep among its special abilities.
  • The Robe of Arcane Heritage was applying its bonus incorrectly.
  • Spellcasting Contract, Greater was listed at the wrong level.
  • Silence was missing from the Antipaladin's spell list.
  • The Hidden Priest archetype was incorrectly granting Heavy Armor proficiency.
  • The Seasons domain was not offering a domain spell at 5th level.
  • The Conjurer's Acid Dart Power should be (Sp), rather than (Su).
  • The Feather domain should grant Fly, Mass as a 6th level spell, rather than a 7th level spell.
  • The Martial Artist Archetype was offering several bonus feat options (like Thunder and Fang and Swarm Dodger) that it should not have been offering.
  • The Freedom of Movement spell was missing a range tag.
  • The Hellknight Signifier's Catechesis ability wasn't stacking levels correctly for domains.
Data File Authoring
  • -
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
tysdaddy

Old December 22nd, 2012, 12:47 PM
Every time I've tried to install this update, HL freezes. Is it just me? I've tried three times with no success . . .
tysdaddy is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dafrca

Old December 25th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysdaddy View Post
Every time I've tried to install this update, HL freezes. Is it just me? I've tried three times with no success . . .
Works just fine for me so far. No freeze or anything.
dafrca is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Malhavoc

Old December 27th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Clerics with the Theologian archetype were still receiving proficiency in their deity's favored weapon? Is this correct? I can seem to find any memtion of Theologian losing their dieties favored weapon.
Malhavoc is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Hardwaremonger

Old December 29th, 2012, 07:52 PM
I would be glad to get the latest update but I've been trying for two weeks at various times of day and haven't made it past half-way and that took nearly an hour. I realize you are a very small business but this isn't satisfactory for anyone.

Hardwaremonger
Hardwaremonger is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
The Great Rinaldo

Old December 30th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Hardwaremonger, is there any chance the issue is with your network connection? I have had issues in the past downloading really big updates to my tablet over Wi-Fi, but the same update downloaded to my wired PC just fine, and then I could transfer the patch file to the tablet via thumb drive.
The Great Rinaldo is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
dafrca

Old December 30th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwaremonger View Post
I would be glad to get the latest update but I've been trying for two weeks at various times of day and haven't made it past half-way and that took nearly an hour.
Wow, I did the whole thing in under 5 minutes and I am not on a T1 or anything. I have not had an upgrade take that long ever.
dafrca is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 31st, 2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwaremonger View Post
I would be glad to get the latest update but I've been trying for two weeks at various times of day and haven't made it past half-way and that took nearly an hour. I realize you are a very small business but this isn't satisfactory for anyone.

Hardwaremonger
Hardwaremonger, try downloading the update through your web browser from here:

http://www.wolflair.com/index.php?co...page=downloads

Does that go any faster for you?
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 31st, 2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysdaddy View Post
It's possible your download got corrupted somehow and is causing Hero Lab to crash. Try downloading and importing the file from this web page:

Does that help?
Colen is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Amalasan

Old January 7th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
It's possible your download got corrupted somehow and is causing Hero Lab to crash. Try downloading and importing the file from this web page:

Does that help?
I am also having problems updating to 7.5 and have been for the last couple of weeks. The download fails part way through using both the HL update tool or the direct download above. It fails at a different % each time. My interent connection is very stable and i have no problems ever downloading anything else.
I watched the internet throughput the last few times I attempted the download and I notice that the recieving of data is very intermittent - I will recieve data at 4Mbps for a few seconds, then it goes idle for some time and then it repeats. After a while it goes idle for a long time and eventually the download times out. This suggests that there is some problem with timeout settings for your download server or something.... not sure. But I am fairly sure it is at your end.
I should add that I am from Australia so maybe packet delay/lag may be an issue, dont know.
Amalasan is offline   #10 Reply With Quote