Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

UndeadDan

Old January 21st, 2013, 05:22 AM
I kept getting versions of the following error while using the Tactical Console this past weekend.

Any ideas what might be causing this?
UndeadDan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old January 21st, 2013, 07:02 AM
I have been getting this since the last PF release, but I cannot get it to duplicate reliably so I haven't reported it. I have been trying to detemine what is causing it on mine, but it is very sporadic. Some days it will do it everytime I click anything, other days it will not happen at all.
Umarian is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 21st, 2013, 08:33 AM
I'm sorry I haven't been able to fix this problem yet, but I can't reliably reproduce it either. I need an exact set of steps to reproduce it in order to figure out where it's coming from.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old January 21st, 2013, 12:38 PM
I've gotten it a few times when pressing the "play" (done) button on the tactical console.

It refers to "MouseSitu"; I have a wireless mouse hooked on the laptop, but I often end up using the trackpad anyway as my mouse, for some reason, has been unreliable when we game at my friends' home. Can some sort of double mouse input be a problem?

Last edited by Lord Magus; January 21st, 2013 at 12:44 PM.
Lord Magus is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 21st, 2013, 12:51 PM
When you hover your mouse over something, and it generates a message, half the time, it calls MouseSitu as the procedure that generates the text it's going to show. So it's connected to that text. The problem is that there are several dozen places calling that same procedure, and the error message doesn't tell me what script called the procedure to do that.

Because of some oddities in the error reporting, the error message isn't being announced until you do something else, like press an action button, or change tabs, but it has to do with where your mouse hovered before you did the action that actually allowed the error message to be reported.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old January 21st, 2013, 02:04 PM
I do notice that it happens a lot after I hover over the witch hex in the Special tab for one of my players. Either the Misfortune or Evil Eye. His character was the first time that I noticed it happening and usually after I work with him now that I think about it.
Umarian is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ValaraukarU

Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:56 AM
I am seeing it when I switch between characters in a portfolio in the dashboard using the 'make active' button, but like the others it is not consistent.
ValaraukarU is offline   #7 Reply With Quote