Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old November 20th, 2021, 07:24 AM
Version 1.15

The first image in each topic will also be used as the image for the generated journal entry. (as requested my Merion in https://forums.wolflair.com/showpost...&postcount=153)

The module is now compatible with Foundry V9 prototype 2 (and still works on 0.8.9).

A version warning is issued about only working on 0.89, but it will work on V9 prototype 2.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal

Last edited by Farling; November 21st, 2021 at 03:20 AM.
Farling is offline   #161 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 23rd, 2021, 02:46 AM
Version 1.15.1

Changed the permission required for players to see links to LIMITED (previously it was OBSERVER).

Updated the compatibleCoreVersion to 9 so that no warnings are generated on Foundry V9.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #162 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 24th, 2021, 04:11 AM
Version 1.16

Some improvements have been made to imported scene notes:
Updates for scene Notes:
- The title of a map pin is now displayed within ">> title <<" instead of the previous "\*\*title\*\*".
- The text is broken across multiple lines (default max line length set to 60 in module settings) - this does not affect the note title/linked journal name.
- Multiple occurrences of "& #xd;" in the map pin descriptions are replaced by just a newline.
- The "GMDIR:" indicator has been put on it's own line with down arrows to indicate which text is the GM directions.
- The font size is now configurable in the module settings.
- The display of GM notes has been changed so that less of the core foundry code has been copied into this module.

Farling

Farling is offline   #163 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old November 27th, 2021, 01:16 AM
I noticed that the new format of map notes on unrevealed topics having a crossed eye isn't occurring for some map notes.

In my Castle Ward (Waterdeep) scene, for instance, there are two unrevealed journal topics ("5 - Red-Eyed Owl" and "6 - Sleepy Sylph") that are showing up without the eye on the map notes. I'm including pictures of both the GM and Player views.

"- The "GMDIR:" indicator has been put on it's own line with down arrows to indicate which text is the GM directions."

I'm not actually sure what that one does? I'm not seeing any down arrows (not that it needed them).

I also attached a picture with the duplicated relationships and links in case you were wondering what I was talking about.
Attached Images
File Type: png CastleGM.png (176.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png CastlePlayer.png (265.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png Foundrydup.png (100.3 KB, 2 views)
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #164 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 27th, 2021, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit View Post
I noticed that the new format of map notes on unrevealed topics having a crossed eye isn't occurring for some map notes.

In my Castle Ward (Waterdeep) scene, for instance, there are two unrevealed journal topics ("5 - Red-Eyed Owl" and "6 - Sleepy Sylph") that are showing up without the eye on the map notes. I'm including pictures of both the GM and Player views.

"- The "GMDIR:" indicator has been put on it's own line with down arrows to indicate which text is the GM directions."

I'm not actually sure what that one does? I'm not seeing any down arrows (not that it needed them).

I also attached a picture with the duplicated relationships and links in case you were wondering what I was talking about.
The crossed-eye icon is displayed if the PIN is not revealed on the smart image. The circle indicates that the pin has been revealed. In both cases, this is separate from whether the linked topic has been revealed.

Unfortunately, Foundry doesn't display map pins (notes) if the linked topic has NO permission for the player - regardless of my revealed state on each pin. - I will look to see if I can force the note to be visible, and then check to see if that causes issues when clicking on it.

For the GM indicator; previously a map note would appear as something like:

** title **
player note
GMDIR: gm notes

whereas the new format is

** title **
player note
-vv--- GMDIR ---vv-
gm notes

Unfortunately the way that Foundry does Notes is that we only have text to customise - we aren't able to add any formatting or changes in font size.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; November 27th, 2021 at 04:21 AM.
Farling is offline   #165 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 28th, 2021, 01:42 PM
Version 1.17 is available

Relationship annotations & Smart image map pins display to players

Change the presentation of annotations for relationships since they can be multi-line (whereas annotations on other snippets are single line only). The annotation of
a relationship now appears in emphasis (italics) immediately below the relationship details (still part of the same bullet).

Add a soft (optional) dependency on libWrapper, just in case any other modules want to interact with notes and/or journal links.

Only enable the relevant notes/links/gmtext sub-modules depending on whether logged in as GM or player.

Revealed map pins will always have the scene Notes be displayed to players even if the linked journal entry is not visible to the player. If the linked journal entry is NOT visible to the user then the Note will be displayed to the non-GM player as if it was a not-connected note. The tint colour of the icon will be set correctly based on whether or not the player can see the linked journal entry.

For users hosting on Forge, additional metadata has been added to the module information.

Use correct constants for token disposition.

Also fixes an issue where players were seeing too many scene notes if they logged in after the scene had been activated by the GM.

Removed a debug statement that was being reported as a warning in your browser console.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; November 28th, 2021 at 02:24 PM.
Farling is offline   #166 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old November 28th, 2021, 08:16 PM
I didn't even realize that map notes could have GM Directions, lol. Had to look that up in RW, since I'd never used them.

Is there an easy way to implement the revealed vs. hidden map note status you've added on new notes from within Foundry? It will get sort of messy and confusing if map notes imported have that extra functionality, but new map notes I create don't. Also not sure how to adjust it on imported notes, to reveal the note for instance without revealing the content.
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #167 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 29th, 2021, 04:33 AM
Update Note Config window to provide multi-line text entry areas for Note Label and GM Notes.

Update Note Config window to allow revealed state of scene Notes to be changed.

Add two new icon types (Boxed Circle and Crossed Eye) to the list of available icons for scene Notes (since these are used to identify imported map pins).

Add module options to set the icon tint colours to be used when displaying notes to players to indicate if they are linked to an accessible journal entry.

I would just like to point out that this was done BEFORE sword_of_spirit asked for it ;-)
Actually, since he posted at 5:16AM GMT, technically it was done AFTER he asked for it, but definitely it was BEFORE I saw that he asked for it.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; November 29th, 2021 at 05:19 AM.
Farling is offline   #168 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 29th, 2021, 04:35 AM
The REVEALED state handling of scene Notes, and the "GM Notes" handling will soon be split out into a separate module from the RW importer since it seems like this could be useful for all Foundry users.

Farling

Farling is offline   #169 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 30th, 2021, 03:15 AM
1.19 is available

The non-core import functions have been moved into separate modules, so you don't need the import module active while running your game.

You will be prompted to install these additional modules when you next update.

- GM-only text for Notes
- Disguise unreachable links
- Optional "reveal" state for Notes

These modules will work stand-alone, as well as the import module setting up the imported information to work with these modules.

Farling

Farling is offline   #170 Reply With Quote