Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
egg_green

Old March 5th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Hello,

I know that you all are looking at which tablet OSes/hardware to support in forthcoming versions of Hero Lab, and I wanted to share some real-world data about tablets that are in use at gaming tables currently.

I attended Who's Yer Con this past weekend, and while I was there, I kept an eye out for whether people were using tablets and if so, which devices. Note that this is a completely unofficial survey, it's not scientific at all. It's just me walking around the Pathfinder Society room sometime during each slot, and seeing what tech people had out. I only tallied individual machines; if the same person used a tablet in multiple slots, it was only counted once.

The Pathfinder Society room at Who's Yer Con consisted of 12 tables, and had roughly 60 total slots over the course of the convention. During that time, here's what I observed:

7 iPads
2 Android tablets (1 Samsung Galaxy Tab and another I did not recognize)
2 Kindle Fires

Obviously, it's a small sample size, but it seems clear that the iPad is the leader, at least at this particular con. I would encourage anyone else reading this to keep an eye out at your local game groups and conventions, and post your findings here.
egg_green is offline   #1 Reply With Quote