Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Roadie

Old October 28th, 2021, 12:38 PM
I've been playing with HLC via Rosetta 2 on a shiny new M1 Pro machine and so far it seems to work fine. With a complicated PF 1e character everything runs at about the same speed as it did on my old Intel machine (including the same slight lag on tab-switching and scrolling).
Roadie is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 31st, 2022, 10:11 AM
Things work, but I get a lot more crashes lately (last 9 months) than in the past on macOS Monterey.

So I need to save often or risk losing changes.

I also need to often click "allow access to documents", some times many times when opening herolab.
risner is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Farganger

Old September 17th, 2022, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
I've been playing with HLC via Rosetta 2 on a shiny new M1 Pro machine and so far it seems to work fine. With a complicated PF 1e character everything runs at about the same speed as it did on my old Intel machine (including the same slight lag on tab-switching and scrolling).
My Silicon chip Mac was also running Hero Lab Classic fine via Rosetta 2 until I updated to Monterey 12.6 today.

Now when I try to open the app it crashed immediately with the usual problem report pop up. Does anyone else have this issue? I already reinstalled Hero Lab from the site, but that didn't help...

I can certainly post the text from the Problem Report if that helps. I think this is the relevant part, but am not sure:

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 4 Illegal instruction: 4
Terminating Process: exc handler [1636]

Application Specific Information:
*** CFRetain() called with NULL ***
Farganger is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
alanshutko
Banned

Old September 18th, 2022, 11:35 AM
I am seeing the same thing on an Intel mac with 12.6. So it isn't limited to Rosetta.
alanshutko is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
CletusQMaggot

Old September 18th, 2022, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farganger View Post
My Silicon chip Mac was also running Hero Lab Classic fine via Rosetta 2 until I updated to Monterey 12.6 today.

Now when I try to open the app it crashed immediately with the usual problem report pop up. Does anyone else have this issue? I already reinstalled Hero Lab from the site, but that didn't help...

I can certainly post the text from the Problem Report if that helps. I think this is the relevant part, but am not sure:
Yeah, same. MacOS 12.6 brought the hammer down on HeroLab. Help!
CletusQMaggot is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
PantherJeep

Old September 18th, 2022, 07:34 PM
I am in the exact same boat as Farganger here. To what they posted, I would add that this issue is NOT specific to Apple Silicon systems.

I run HLC on both a 2017 iMac Pro and a 2020 M1 MacBook Pro. HLC crashes with the same exception on both systems after upgrading to Monterey v12.6.

I submitted a support request with the full application crash report to support@wolflair.com. I have a LOT of non-Pathfinder content (Mutants and Masterminds in particular) that isn't accessible via HLO or HL iPad, so I hope this can be resolved soon!
PantherJeep is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 19th, 2022, 05:50 AM
Hey there everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here to let you all know that the issue with the newer Mac OS and Hero Lab Classic is a known problem, in large part, this is due to users like yourselves reaching out to let us know and to send along detailed crash reports.

As usual, being the mere ley-support person I don't have any substantial news with regard to any ETA on an update or fix to the situation but the senior dev team has already been appraised of the issue, been provided documentation on the crashes, and are talking over how to get this taken care of swiftly. I'll be watching the situation closely and as soon as I get word that we have something ready I will be contacting those who emailed us and also posting an update in this thread as well too.

Thanks again!

--
Ryan Furnas
Customer/Technical Support
<support@wolflair.com>
Ryan F is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Vigoroso

Old September 23rd, 2022, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan F View Post
I just wanted to pop in here to let you all know that the issue with the newer Mac OS and Hero Lab Classic is a known problem, in large part, this is due to users like yourselves reaching out to let us know and to send along detailed crash reports.
I am happy to send my crash report as well but I do not know to whom I should send it.
Vigoroso is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old September 23rd, 2022, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigoroso View Post
I am happy to send my crash report as well but I do not know to whom I should send it.
support@wolflair.com

Parody is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
joegood666

Old September 24th, 2022, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farganger View Post

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 4 Illegal instruction: 4
Terminating Process: exc handler [1636]

Application Specific Information:
*** CFRetain() called with NULL ***
Yep. Exactly the same problem for me as well.
joegood666 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote