Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Senko

Old December 30th, 2019, 09:39 AM
So I'm trying to create three effects for an Eidolon that differ to a normal one.

1) Make it able to take mythic paths.
2) Make it have its own item slots rather sharing them with the summoner.
3) Make it get ability increases at lvl 10 and 18.

The last two are from a custom 3rd party archetype I'm trying to make, most of the archetype I've gotten working but I'm stuck on the last of it. I've managed to find an Eidolon in the companion type and companion type helper tabs. As well as some specific information elsewhere for evolutions or types however there's nothing in there that seems to deal with what I need.

For item (2) there's a basic restriction on Eidolon I presumably need to remove but the Eidolon companion type has no information on this at all but the summoner class refers to a chelpsum in minon restrictions which is where I think I'd find it. So does anyone know where to locate this particular reference so I can modify it?

For (3) I don't want all Eidolon's to have the stat increases just those this archetype applies too. Now in class special I can add stat increases but they take place straight away. Is there a way I can assign that ability to occur at a specific level or do I have to delve into coding to get that?

For (1) I am 90% sure it'll take coding to give the Eidolon mythic instead of the caster but I'll look into that after work if no one knows how to handle that but I figured I'd throw it in here.

Last edited by Senko; December 30th, 2019 at 09:48 AM.
Senko is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old December 30th, 2019, 04:25 PM
2) have your archetype remove cEidLink (that is the special that controls equipment slots)
3) create the class special and give it a bootstrap condition of summoner level X

PS chelpsum refers to the entire summoner class. In the future look at what it boot straps/adds/has tags for.
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old December 30th, 2019, 07:37 PM
I did notice that summoner was the chelp class after I made that post but thanks. Missed it the first time because when its added it goes to that mag** place holder id.

I would never have picked eidolon link as the equipment slot one thanks.

Ok I can work with this thanks for the answers now I just need to figure out the mythic path option and I've got what I'm working on.
Senko is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old December 31st, 2019, 10:18 AM
Not really helping on the mythic end, if you actually want it done within the class.
But it's easy enough to work around.

A lot of the things can be done as an adjustment.
But you can also just make a blank character, that is not an Eidolon.
And give that character the mythic path and selections you'd like the Eidolon to have.
Then either reference that within Hero Lab.
Or use that character to print out the mythic options, so you have them all defined on the print out that is brought to the game.

Work arounds aren't necessarily ideal, but it would work.

In my campaign, I gave anyone not a full caster (their class eventually hits 9th level spell, or is considered a "high caster" in Spheres) advancement (purely for maneuvers) as a Warder with five disciplines of choice.
I don't see a way to add that into Hero Lab, but it's easy enough to have a second character per player that either adds a level in Warder or a level in Fighter, and only does the Path of War stuff.
Ualaa is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old January 5th, 2020, 11:33 AM
Hmmm not perfect but it would record the changes, I'll tinker with your suggestions thanks.
Senko is offline   #5 Reply With Quote