Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DeltaMasterMind

Old August 28th, 2017, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseelie View Post
Thanks Mathias. Clearly I'm missing a concept here, because adding an abImprove -30 to raDarkVis also doesn't seem to do anything. Looking at the Debug Field History, it looks at though abImprove remains 0.

Code:
  <thing id="raKPDaywDE" name="Daywalker" description="A mutation has given this derro eyes that are much better able to withstand the harsh glare of the sun.  The derro no longer has light sensitivity, and its darkvision is reduced to 30  ft.  This racial trait replaces poison use." compset="AltRaceTrt" uniqueness="unique">
    <comment>TO DO:
Change to Darkvision range is not reflected in the special tab.</comment>
    <usesource source="bKPAdvRace"/>
    <tag group="RaReplace" tag="raLightSen"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="NoPathSoc"/>
    <tag group="AllowRCust" tag="rKPLDerARC"/>
    <tag group="RaReplace" tag="raPoiUse"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="SpecUp"/>
    <bootstrap thing="raDarkVis">
      <assignval field="abImprove" value="-30"/>
      </bootstrap>
    </thing>
EDIT: Saw a thing called raDarkV30f that you could bootstrap instead if you want to be really lazy. (Make sure to Remove Racial Special raDarkVis for this path.)

Edit2: Ok so I did some testing with raDarkVis and even though the script should not post 60 if a value is injected into it before that script runs it just keeps ignoring all values I throw at it at many different timings! Even trying the abImprove method at Final Phase 20000 just for kicks and nothing. What is working for me at the moment is eval script [Final Phase 11000] hero.childfound[raDarkVis].field[abValue2].value = -30
This confounded ability has quite the issue if the IF statements are not working as intended. Any value in the abValue box prior to Final Phase 10000 should keep it from going to default, but I wager a script is pulling this value from somewhere in the void, although currently stumped as to how, when, where. I will continue to look into this.

My first post...ignore it: To use abImprove as Mathias stated I think you need to inject it into the current copy of Darkvision instead of bootstrapping another darkvision with that assigned field. Easier route is to set the "Remove Racial Special" and then use either that bootstrap with that field assigned or add in field abValue 30. Either should work then.

Last edited by DeltaMasterMind; August 28th, 2017 at 05:20 AM.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 28th, 2017, 07:10 AM
Okay, I thought that would work - try the eval script, then. Sorry about that.
Mathias is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 28th, 2017, 09:47 AM
Darkvision is a special which unfortunately twists itself into spaghetti to handle a legacy assumption ("if we're bootstrapped without a value, assume our value is 60"). Things stacking or not would be much simpler if we could assume that every copy has a value assigned, but that's the way it is.
Aaron is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Unseelie

Old August 29th, 2017, 08:05 AM
Thank you everyone, especially Delta. That works, and it's good to know that I was basically correct as to what was going on. Now to just comment that eval script so it's clear what it does.
Unseelie is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old August 29th, 2017, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseelie View Post
Now to just comment that eval script so it's clear what it does.
Yeah :\ I am horrible about that. Tis why I don't contribute to the community pack as my discipline for doing so is terrible.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old August 29th, 2017, 09:03 AM
You might want to post your working solution for future cases where people are trying to do similar things.
Minous is offline   #16 Reply With Quote