Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dwayne

Old April 7th, 2013, 04:57 PM
I took the feat improved eldritch heritage and selected the extra arcana power from the arcane bloodline. I can not find where to select the extra spells. I have looked under each tab. Is this another bug or am I missing something?
Dwayne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 7th, 2013, 05:17 PM
What extra spells? The feat just gives you access to a bloodline power ability. Nothing about "extra" spells is mentioned in the feat and it specifically calls out you gain no other bloodline abilities.

So sorry confused by the question....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
risner

Old April 8th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
What extra spells?
++

I also don't see any hint that any spells are granted.
risner is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old April 8th, 2013, 08:27 AM
+++

Eldritch Heritage gives you the power of a first level. In Arcane Bloodliine, that would be Arcane Bond.

"You gain the first-level bloodline power for the selected bloodline. For purposes of using that power, treat your sorcerer level as equal to your character level – 2, even if you have levels in sorcerer."

So you would get the arcane bond as if you were a wizard of your sorceror level -2 (assuming its a 1 minimum)
mirtos is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old April 8th, 2013, 01:27 PM
The improved heritage feat gives you a choice of the 3rd or 9th level bloodline power. If you take the 9th level power you get extra spells. I am NOT talking about the eldritch heritage feat. I am talking about the improved version.
Dwayne is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old April 8th, 2013, 01:55 PM
whoops, my bad. i cannot read, apparantly.

Dwayne's right: New Arcana (Ex): At 9th level, you can add any one spell from the sorcerer/wizard spell list to your list of spells known. This spell must be of a level that you are capable of casting. You can also add one additional spell at 13th level and 17th level.

Last edited by mirtos; April 8th, 2013 at 01:58 PM.
mirtos is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 8th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD
Benefit: You gain either the 3rd-level or the 9th-level power (your choice) of the bloodline you selected with the Eldritch Heritage feat. For purposes of using that power, treat your sorcerer level as equal to your character level – 2, even if you have levels in sorcerer. You do not gain any of the other bloodline abilities.
So we have the text from the Improved Version. Too make it simple I will just reference the "Arcane Bloodline".

So you can pick "Metamagic Adept" or "New Arcana" power. But that is it. So reading into this its the "New Arcana" ability that you have the issue with right? Its not the feat that gives you extra spells its "New Arcana" that does this. So that would be why this is confusing to everyone.

I didn't test or look at that last night. Its possible something like this is not implemented yet as adding the spell to "any" class is not really that easy. I could be wrong. If you make a straight sorcerer and take that power what does the "text" say?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 8th, 2013, 01:59 PM
That feat line is such a pain in the Patootie! If we're not currently supporting that, then you should submit a bug report.

ShadowChemosh is right, this seems like it will be difficult to set up.

Last edited by Aaron; April 8th, 2013 at 02:01 PM.
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 8th, 2013, 02:03 PM
In the meantime, please use spells known adjustments to compensate.
Aaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old April 8th, 2013, 02:07 PM
doesnt seem like its the feat line. i agree with Shadow. It does seem like its difficult, but it seems like this isnt an issue with the feat, but the bloodline?

Since Arcane is core, and thats one of the core bloodlines, I wonder how its being worked there. Im curious myself.

Last edited by mirtos; April 8th, 2013 at 02:14 PM.
mirtos is offline   #10 Reply With Quote