Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Closed Thread

Virtue

Old January 25th, 2012, 09:09 AM
On the Marilith the weapon mastery is not taking the minuses off for two weapon fighting or allowing it to fight with the same size weapon in its off hand at no minus

And not sure but shouldnt it count as two weapon fighting for double slice and and improved two weapon fighting but its not

Last edited by Virtue; January 25th, 2012 at 11:21 AM.
Virtue is offline   #261
Majuba

Old January 25th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezmerga
Double Slice allows full damage from the second head of a double weapon with power attack. It should still be 50% for the offhand attack, as Double Slice only grants full strength damage with an offhand, not full power attack damage.
It says you use your strength bonus to damage for off hand attacks, which implies to me that you'd use the same modifiers for full strength bonus to damage you get with power attack. I'm inclined to leave it as is, absent an official errata.
To all my knowledge, Pezmerga was correct - Double Slice should not increase power attack damage on an off-hand weapon. Double Slice only affects Strength damage, and while Power Attack acts similarly, it is not strength damage and does not reference strength damage in any way. No errata would be required.
Majuba is offline   #262
frumple

Old January 26th, 2012, 02:58 PM
---

Sorry what I thought was a bug isn't one...

Last edited by frumple; January 26th, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
frumple is offline   #263
dybbuk

Old January 26th, 2012, 05:11 PM
According to Ultimate Combat (pp132-133) when you use the meteor hammer in "fortress mode" it is a two-handed weapon (i.e., both hands) and adds a +1 shield bonus to AC. However, the program does not add the shield bonus. Nor does the program list it as a trip weapon.
dybbuk is offline   #264
Daemonfey

Old January 27th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Actually, it has the "trip" special quality.
Also, If you take a close look, you have two buttons on the weapon. One "both" for the two-handed mode and one "double" for use as a double weapon. If you click "both" only, you can activate the entry in the armor section like a normal shield.

So, the weapon works fine...

Last edited by Daemonfey; January 27th, 2012 at 02:28 AM.
Daemonfey is offline   #265
Vassago Embrace

Old January 27th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I noticed that the CMD entry in Hero Lab does not match the Bestiary.

In the Bestiary, the CMD is listed as 17. When I import stock hero from Hero Lab the CMD is instead of 19.

I think this is due to the fact that even if the Shadow lacks the Strength ability, it has anyway a +2 ability modifier.

I solved this problem by giving a permanent -2 penalty to CMD in the Personal Tab. It bothers me that monsters in Hero Lab do not match perfectly the entries in the Bestiary: this forces me to double-check any monster I import, and this is time consuming.

By the way, why has the Shadow a +2 ability modifier both in Strength and Constitution even if it lacks these traits?
Vassago Embrace is offline   #266
Daemonfey

Old January 27th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Incorporeal creatures use their dex-modifier instead of their (nonexistant) strength modifier for attack rolls and CMB. I guess the herolab developers simply ruled that incorporeal creatures use their dex-modifier instead of strength in every situation. So in the case of the CMD, hero lab uses the dex-mod twice, which results in a 19 instead of 17.

All in all, this is a bug, as you stated.

PS: The constitution modifier is actually the charisma modifier. This is correct due to the Undead traits.
Daemonfey is offline   #267
Baraccus

Old January 27th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Not sure if this was already addressed, but I created a Rogue 3/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 5. Dex is 18/20 (Belt of Incredible Dexterity, +2) wearing a +1 Mithril Chain Shirt. I should have an AC of 21, however it is giving me an AC of 19 (10 + 5(armor) + 3 (dexterity) + 1 (dodge)

Not sure what's up with that? Everything is checked as being worn.
Baraccus is offline   #268
bodrin

Old January 28th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraccus View Post
Not sure if this was already addressed, but I created a Rogue 3/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 5. Dex is 18/20 (Belt of Incredible Dexterity, +2) wearing a +1 Mithril Chain Shirt. I should have an AC of 21, however it is giving me an AC of 19 (10 + 5(armor) + 3 (dexterity) + 1 (dodge)

Not sure what's up with that? Everything is checked as being worn.
Encumbrance? That's usually the first thing to check when your AC is lower than expected!

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #269
egg_green

Old January 28th, 2012, 07:01 PM
The tooltip text for the Acid Splash spell has an error: it lists two uses of acid as an alchemical power component:
Acid (M): The spell deals +1 point of damage
Acid (F): The spell lasts 1 round longer than normal

This is backwards; the focus component grants +1 damage, and the material component makes the spell last longer.
egg_green is offline   #270
Closed Thread