Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Unseelie

Old January 18th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Hero Lab does, but the actual stat block from the Bestiary doesn't seem legal by its own rules. I noticed that when I attempted to equip a scimitar, shield and chain shirt.

In the bestiary, they're only listed as having Improved Initiative. The skeleton template in HL gives them Simple Weapons as well, but they would need Martial to use a Scimitar, and they have no armor proficiencies.

Thoughts (other than giving them the extra feats)? Also, is there a way to assign the broken condition to items?
Unseelie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 18th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Why not pull in the stock portfolio version of the skeleton, instead of re-entering all that information yourself?
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Unseelie

Old January 18th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseelie View Post
Hero Lab does, but the actual stat block from the Bestiary doesn't seem legal by its own rules. I noticed that when I attempted to equip a scimitar, shield and chain shirt.

In the bestiary, they're only listed as having Improved Initiative. The skeleton template in HL gives them Simple Weapons as well, but they would need Martial to use a Scimitar, and they have no armor proficiencies.

Thoughts (other than giving them the extra feats)? Also, is there a way to assign the broken condition to items?
There is the bit under attacks that states that they retain the weapon proficiencies of the base creatures... but they lose all class feats, so no scimitar. I don't think the stat block is taking a non-proficiency penalty.
Unseelie is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Unseelie

Old January 18th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Why not pull in the stock portfolio version of the skeleton, instead of re-entering all that information yourself?
It was an experiment, as I was trying to see what was and wasn't working from when I tried to build a huge, multiplying minotaur skeleton... so I tried to recreate the stock to see how it worked.

There do seem to be a bunch of consistencies... but I'm not sure how much of that is that Paizo isn't following their own rules in this particular case.

That said, IS there a way to apply the broken condition to weapons and armor?
Unseelie is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 18th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Quote:
There is the bit under attacks that states that they retain the weapon proficiencies of the base creatures... but they lose all class feats, so no scimitar. I don't think the stat block is taking a non-proficiency penalty.
Creatures with specific weapons in the statblock are considered proficient with those weapons and armor. So skeletons are proficient with scimitars.

Quote:
That said, IS there a way to apply the broken condition to weapons and armor?
On the "Adjust" tab is a Broken adjustment you can apply to break the weapons/armor.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Unseelie

Old January 19th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Creatures with specific weapons in the statblock are considered proficient with those weapons and armor. So skeletons are proficient with scimitars.
I think you mean that they are SUPPOSED to be proficient with those weapons and armor. I just created a human, assigned it the skeleton template and it is non proficient with scimitar and with all armors... which is what I said to begin with.

I'll file a bug on the skeleton template.

Quote:
On the "Adjust" tab is a Broken adjustment you can apply to break the weapons/armor.
Ah, okay. I was looking for it to be a weapon adjustment in custom weapons.

Edit: Just tried that... doesn't appear to be working for armor. Broken chain shirt is still granting +4 AC instead of +2. I'll file a bug on that as well.

Last edited by Unseelie; January 19th, 2013 at 06:31 AM.
Unseelie is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 19th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Since the skeleton template itself doesn't provide any support for them having scimitar proficiency, only the fact that the sample skeleton has it, it's been left up to individual GMs to assign the specific proficiencies that each skeleton needs, depending on what weapons it's been assigned.
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote