Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 27th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Just uploaded the update to Rippers.

Added Advanced Rippertech, The Plays Companion, and lots of bug fixes.

Please note that this may break old characters. Especially ones with Arcane Backgrounds. Please back up your characters.
dartnet is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old July 27th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Woohoo! Thanks, darnet!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old July 27th, 2014, 12:01 PM
I'm getting an error that the file may be corrupted.

"The selected file is not a valid import file for Hero Lab. If the file was downloaded, it was likely corrupted, so please try downloading the file again."

I've tried a few times, and am still getting the error.

Last edited by EricaOdd; July 27th, 2014 at 12:14 PM.
EricaOdd is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old July 27th, 2014, 12:24 PM
I know there was an issue with how Dropbox was telling me where a file was to download it, I THINK I have the right spot now, but I'm not sure if dartnet got a chance to update the Data File Author's link yet or not. In the meantime you should be able to download the .hl file from https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqnxibqxwpywhzs/Rippers.hl. Give that a shot and if it doesn't work then let me know. (I'm only involved because dartnet asked if I could host the file with the others ones I have on my Dropbox site.)

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old July 27th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Lenny, The file keeps showing that it needs to be download even though I have downloaded it already. Don't know if it is doing it to everybody or just me. No matter how many times I download it, it still is showing I need to download it. I even deleted it and redownloaded it and it still says I need to download it.
jbearwillis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old July 27th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Yeah, same for me. It may be the file sent to me or something in the way it was set up in the Data Author's web page we need to use to set up when we do updates to data files. I think I remember having an issue like this before on one of my files and I think it may have been something I screwed up when doing the HL Export but I can't remember for sure. All I'm doing at this point is hosting the file, though, so we'll have to wait for dartnet to looking into it some more. If he sends me a different file to try I'll put it up, though.

Basically the earlier issue was that I gave him the wrong URL to list for the direct download link to the file because apparently if you do a "Copy Link" on the link to the file it still just shows it as being at www.dropbox.com, but the real direct link to the file that Hero Lab needs should have been d.dropbox.com. Dartnet changed the link in the Data Author's site so at least you can download the file now but I'm guessing there is some disconnect between the information on that site and how the file was created in HL Export that is causing the current problem. I don't have access to the site for Rippers, though, so I can't really help try to troubleshoot that part of the problem.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old July 27th, 2014, 06:25 PM
I do know with dropbox, you need to change some of the things in the XML Document, when you change the file itself.
jbearwillis is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old July 27th, 2014, 06:37 PM
You mean when doing your own updates.xml file? If so then the official files are updated a bit differently. Think of your High Space files where we just go to a web page and presumably the site generates the XML file from the information we enter on the site. That's probably it, but it's not my file so I can't really double-check that part.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old July 27th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Weird!!! It just corrected itself. It doesn't show it needing downloaded any more. Oh well got to love those little glitches.
jbearwillis is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old July 28th, 2014, 04:18 AM
I just checked but it's still telling me there's a new one to download. Dartnet is checking with LoneWolf about it.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #10 Reply With Quote