Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

LazarX

Old September 21st, 2016, 02:28 PM
Actually it's time that Herolab supported the Iphone. My 6 plus has more pixels than quite a few Ipads.
LazarX is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 22nd, 2016, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
Actually it's time that Herolab supported the Iphone. My 6 plus has more pixels than quite a few Ipads.
Do you carry around a magnifying glass that would allow you to read the tiny text?
Farling is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
FatherThomas

Old October 24th, 2016, 10:39 AM
i too would like to +1 the rotation on the iPad
FatherThomas is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Shadovar

Old November 16th, 2016, 08:27 PM
Still nothing? I'd have expected to at least see a response on this? I'm not sure what people are referring to with "what will you put on the side". A rotation of the window will keep the same aspect, just in landscape mode. You can still scroll up and down to see what is now shown on the character sheet. The only difference is, IT'S IN LANDSCAPE.

With an iPad Pro, the default mode of it is landscape mode with the type keyboard. I'll be honest, without this ability I've actually stopped purchasing the books, modules, and add-ons for Hero Lab - Pathfinder and D&D 5th edition in exchange for putting my characters into an excel spreadsheet that you can download and runs in landscape mode on an iPad.
Shadovar is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 16th, 2016, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadovar View Post
Still nothing? I'd have expected to at least see a response on this? I'm not sure what people are referring to with "what will you put on the side". A rotation of the window will keep the same aspect, just in landscape mode. You can still scroll up and down to see what is now shown on the character sheet. The only difference is, IT'S IN LANDSCAPE.
It isn't "just in landscape". If you tried to do this, you would end up with a thin strip running down the middle of the screen (keeping the same aspect ratio as when it was in portrait mode). This would not look good. You need to move things around so that more things appear to the left/right of the sheet instead of above/below the sheet.
Farling is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Tekwych

Old November 17th, 2016, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
It isn't "just in landscape". If you tried to do this, you would end up with a thin strip running down the middle of the screen (keeping the same aspect ratio as when it was in portrait mode). This would not look good. You need to move things around so that more things appear to the left/right of the sheet instead of above/below the sheet.
Not entirely true. If you are using the correct development tools and Apple's APIs then the scaling of content is handled by the devices not the app. This can actually lighten the load on the download servers as well.
Tekwych is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old April 27th, 2017, 08:10 PM
I just came here looking for the same thing. I'd love to see landscape and split-screen support. Hero Lab and PFSRD side by side. Ahhhhh.
mototom is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
flamepulse

Old May 3rd, 2017, 09:26 AM
i want an android version as well as suport for other systems
flamepulse is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
DwarvenWiz

Old May 9th, 2017, 07:18 PM
I can't understand how they haven't already been on top of an android app. The official D&D app is going to pass them by at this rate, and that's coming from someone who loves Hero Labs and has purchased multiple copies and has encouraged two different game groups to adopt it. The future isn't realm works, unfortunately. It's android.
DwarvenWiz is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old May 17th, 2017, 05:14 AM
Agree +1

Me: How bad could it be?
Him: What's the worst that could happen?
Kizan is offline   #20 Reply With Quote