Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Insaniac99

Old September 11th, 2013, 10:34 AM
In Late June you sent a newsletter that said:

Quote:
Shadowrun 5 debuted at Origins this year, and we hope a number of you have been able to give it a whirl. As we’ve mentioned in the past, we're planning to support the new version of Shadowrun in Hero Lab. Unfortunately, we've been working through various licensing hurdles since then and can't officially get underway until that's all sorted out. We expect to get everything finalized in the upcoming weeks, after which we'll be diving into implementing all the new changes.

Despite the licensing delays, the groundwork is already in place to get the new version implemented as quickly as possible. We expect to have a release of the new game functionality in the fall. We’ll keep you updated on our progress in future versions of the newsletter and will let you know the projected release date as soon as we can.
I haven't read anything since and was wondering if we could get some sort of update on how the licensing issues are working out.

EDIT and I have been answered! On facebook they posted:

http://on.fb.me/1attaw2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Lab FB Page 08/30/13
You have spoken and now we can answer! We are happy to announce that Lone Wolf Development, in collaboration with Catalyst Games, will be supporting Shadownrun 5 in Hero Lab. This was finalized recently, so our development team just got started on creating the files after returning from Gen Con. Because of the licensing delay, we expect to have Shadownrun 5 implemented by the end of 2013.

Because of some fundamental changes to the game system, Shadowrun 5 will be offered as a completely new game system for Hero Lab. We will continue to keep you updated on progress and will let you know if there are any changes to the projected release date.
thank you Wolf lair, nylanfs and everyone else who answered!

Last edited by Insaniac99; September 12th, 2013 at 03:52 PM. Reason: got an answer!
Insaniac99 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Thunderforge

Old September 11th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Also curious to know how things are going. Hero Lab will make generating SR5 characters much easier.
Thunderforge is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old September 12th, 2013, 05:06 AM
They finalized licensing during GenCon and have started working on it.

http://on.fb.me/1attaw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Lab FB Page 08/30/13
You have spoken and now we can answer! We are happy to announce that Lone Wolf Development, in collaboration with Catalyst Games, will be supporting Shadownrun 5 in Hero Lab. This was finalized recently, so our development team just got started on creating the files after returning from Gen Con. Because of the licensing delay, we expect to have Shadownrun 5 implemented by the end of 2013.

Because of some fundamental changes to the game system, Shadowrun 5 will be offered as a completely new game system for Hero Lab. We will continue to keep you updated on progress and will let you know if there are any changes to the projected release date.

Last edited by nylanfs; September 12th, 2013 at 08:09 AM.
nylanfs is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old September 12th, 2013, 10:16 AM
well then, shut up and take my money!!

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Insaniac99

Old September 12th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
well then, shut up and take my money!!
Agreed, this is awesome news!

when I saw that post I was really worried. I am going to update my first post do any others who come wandering in get a quick answer
Insaniac99 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old September 12th, 2013, 08:17 PM
To get you through till they get the dataset done there are some excellent excel and pdf's posted to the Shadowrun Tabletop forums that are pretty good.

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/...?topic=12682.0
nylanfs is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
crowofgames

Old September 18th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Woot! Very cool. I look forward to spending the money on the Hero Lab modules for SR5.
crowofgames is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Thunderforge

Old October 1st, 2013, 05:09 AM
Oh well. I was hoping for an update in the September Newsletter, but no luck. Hopefully things are still on track for this year.
Thunderforge is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old November 1st, 2013, 11:17 AM
Nothing in the October update on SR news
nylanfs is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 1st, 2013, 12:01 PM
Hey Shadowrun 5 fans! Unfortunately we did not have any news to report in the October newsletter. Now that some of our other Hero Lab projects are out the door, we hope to have news about projects like Shadowrun 5 soon!
liz is offline   #10 Reply With Quote