Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Bloodwolf

Old October 11th, 2020, 05:56 PM
I noticed that for the Song Dragon several of the Supernatural Abilities (SU) have been made Spell-Like Abilities (SP). Is that so that they will show in the Spell tab?
Bloodwolf is offline   #1031 Reply With Quote
Trion

Old October 12th, 2020, 02:05 AM
Hi !

I am trying to build a Druid with the PrC Planar Shepherd (from Faiths of Eberron). It seems that this particular book has not been added to the community data set yet.

Is it a somewhat planned work ? If not, how should I go about using the editor to try doing it myself ?

Hero Lab is a really powerful tool, and I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I sometimes get discouraged from using classes/races that have not yet been addedto the package...

As a bonus question : I can't find the anthropomorphic races from savage species in the race list, even though Savage Species is checked in the hero configuration. Are they not there ?

Thanks a lot for your work !
Trion is offline   #1032 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 12th, 2020, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
I noticed that for the Song Dragon several of the Supernatural Abilities (SU) have been made Spell-Like Abilities (SP). Is that so that they will show in the Spell tab?
No clue. I'll have to take a look when I'm adding your changes to the other dragons. Let me know when those are ready for me to look at.
Sendric is offline   #1033 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 12th, 2020, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trion View Post
Hi !

I am trying to build a Druid with the PrC Planar Shepherd (from Faiths of Eberron). It seems that this particular book has not been added to the community data set yet.

Is it a somewhat planned work ? If not, how should I go about using the editor to try doing it myself ?

Hero Lab is a really powerful tool, and I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I sometimes get discouraged from using classes/races that have not yet been addedto the package...

As a bonus question : I can't find the anthropomorphic races from savage species in the race list, even though Savage Species is checked in the hero configuration. Are they not there ?

Thanks a lot for your work !
HI!

You must be new here. Welcome. Here's some information you will probably need. The inclusion of any individual source does not automatically mean that all data from that source has been entered. In most cases, in fact, the opposite is true. There are a few cases where everything is included, but those are the exceptions, not the rule.

I can add Planar Shepherd to my to-do list. However, I can't say when I will get to it. It's a very long list. If you want to take a crack at it, the editor will allow you to make a class. It may seem a little daunting at first, but to do so, you go to the Class tab then the Class sub-tab and select New (Blank). Fill in the fields that show up. Once that's done, HL will process it and you'll be able to start filling in the details. Most of it is pretty easy. Class specials must generally be added to the Class Special tab then bootstrapped to the thing you created in the Class tab. There are many other classes already made you can look at for ways to handle things. I don't know anything about this class so I don't know how complicated it may or may not be, but don't hesitate to ask questions if you run into any problems.
Sendric is offline   #1034 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old October 12th, 2020, 03:21 PM
Here is an example from the Deep Dragon. The True Seeing is a Supernatural (Su) ability in the Draconomicon but in Hero Lab it is showing as a Spell-Like Abililty (Sp). It has its own sla file.

Bloodwolf is offline   #1035 Reply With Quote
Trion

Old October 13th, 2020, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
HI!

You must be new here. Welcome. Here's some information you will probably need. The inclusion of any individual source does not automatically mean that all data from that source has been entered. In most cases, in fact, the opposite is true. There are a few cases where everything is included, but those are the exceptions, not the rule.

I can add Planar Shepherd to my to-do list. However, I can't say when I will get to it. It's a very long list. If you want to take a crack at it, the editor will allow you to make a class. It may seem a little daunting at first, but to do so, you go to the Class tab then the Class sub-tab and select New (Blank). Fill in the fields that show up. Once that's done, HL will process it and you'll be able to start filling in the details. Most of it is pretty easy. Class specials must generally be added to the Class Special tab then bootstrapped to the thing you created in the Class tab. There are many other classes already made you can look at for ways to handle things. I don't know anything about this class so I don't know how complicated it may or may not be, but don't hesitate to ask questions if you run into any problems.
Hi Sendric, thank you for your answer !

I did not mean to make it sound like anything was due to be done ! I fully understand that this whole package rests entirely on the passion and dedication of a handful. I am in fact really grateful for all this. I am sorry if my previous message sounded like a rant !

I will try to add the class myself. If I end up with a decent result I will hand it out to you for it to be added to the package.

Once again, thank you, and have a nice day !
Trion is offline   #1036 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 13th, 2020, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trion View Post
Hi Sendric, thank you for your answer !

I did not mean to make it sound like anything was due to be done ! I fully understand that this whole package rests entirely on the passion and dedication of a handful. I am in fact really grateful for all this. I am sorry if my previous message sounded like a rant !

I will try to add the class myself. If I end up with a decent result I will hand it out to you for it to be added to the package.

Once again, thank you, and have a nice day !
Don't worry. I didn't take it as a rant. People request things all the time. I try to keep up, but it's not always easy. Thankfully there are others who are helping out as well. Even still, there's a lot that still needs to be added. I just wanted to make sure your expectations were properly aligned with where we're at today.

Do let us know if you have any questions regarding the creation of this class.
Sendric is offline   #1037 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 13th, 2020, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Here is an example from the Deep Dragon. The True Seeing is a Supernatural (Su) ability in the Draconomicon but in Hero Lab it is showing as a Spell-Like Abililty (Sp). It has its own sla file.
My guess is it was made a Spell-Like Ability as a mistake or to make sure it appeared in the spells tab. If that's something you feel like should be changed, I won't argue with you.
Sendric is offline   #1038 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old October 13th, 2020, 05:19 AM
I like them showing in the Spell tab, especially those that can only be used a set number of times per day. But I would want them to show as a (Su) because Su's do not provoke attacks of opportunity. And are still available sometimes when Sp's are not. And to avoid confusion.

I'll look into changing the display name tag from (Sp) to (Su).
Bloodwolf is offline   #1039 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 13th, 2020, 06:36 AM
Quote:
I like them showing in the Spell tab, especially those that can only be used a set number of times per day. But I would want them to show as a (Su) because Su's do not provoke attacks of opportunity. And are still available sometimes when Sp's are not. And to avoid confusion.

I'll look into changing the display name tag from (Sp) to (Su).
If the tag is changed, it won't appear in the Spells tab. It can be shown in the Specials tab. Alternately, you could add the (Su) tag. I think that will keep it in the spells tab but show (Sp) (Su) at the end.
Sendric is offline   #1040 Reply With Quote