Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Aril

Old May 18th, 2021, 09:03 PM
I'm working on building out the Feyborn from Fat Goblin Press' "Racial Ecologies Guide to Feyborn", and am having difficulty with one of the abilities.

One of them is called "Fey Magic" and gives a character a +1 bonus to the DC of any saves against illusion spells they cast.

This type of ability is really quite common. Gnomes have it, Svirfneblin have it, etc. I've tried to replicate it by copying the Eval Scripts from the relevant gnome abilities:

Phase: Post-Levels
Priority: 10000
Index: 1

~ If we're disabled, do nothing
doneif (tagis[Helper.SpcDisable] <> 0)

~+1 Illusion save DCs
hero.childfound[ssIllusion].field[schDC].value += field[abValue].value

However, although I *can* add the ability as a "Racial Special" in the Editor, when I *pick* that ability as a "Racial Special Ability" on the Race tab in the Editor, it appears, but the bonus is never applied to any of the the Illusion spells I memorize when I build a character.
Aril is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old May 19th, 2021, 03:33 AM
Stupid question, when is field[abValue].value being set? Gnome magic just includes a +1 and doesnt use a field
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aril

Old May 19th, 2021, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Stupid question, when is field[abValue].value being set? Gnome magic just includes a +1 and doesnt use a field
I didn't have any value. I didn't see that when I was borrowing the script.

But based on your question, I just looked for a field that said "abValue" and it's a text field, so I put "1" in there, tested again, and saved the file, and now it works!

Thank you!
Aril is offline   #3 Reply With Quote