Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Ryu359

Old April 16th, 2017, 12:15 AM
Is it possible to modify a Racial mod (thus normal race) so that you can choose critter powers?

For example a true drake would come in 6 variations:
125, 130, 135, 140, 145, 150 BP each. For each of these above 125 he can add one critter power to his list of powers.

Is this possible with hero lab and if so how?
Ryu359 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Alistair

Old April 18th, 2017, 07:11 AM
You have to open the editor and make them. (Tools > Show Editor) Since Drakes are from an expansion and not the core game, they will have to be made from scratch using the existing Drake as a guide. The easiest way would be to make these 6 versions and give them different BP costs and number of allowed Critter Powers. Remember to give them a Source so you can turn them on and off (and probably mark them as not valid for Missions, especially if you intend to share).
Alistair is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ryu359

Old April 18th, 2017, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
You have to open the editor and make them. (Tools > Show Editor) Since Drakes are from an expansion and not the core game, they will have to be made from scratch using the existing Drake as a guide. The easiest way would be to make these 6 versions and give them different BP costs and number of allowed Critter Powers. Remember to give them a Source so you can turn them on and off (and probably mark them as not valid for Missions, especially if you intend to share).
How do I create "allowed" critter powers? (I only know how to give them the powers outright)
Ryu359 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Alistair

Old May 31st, 2017, 08:35 AM
Actually, this is the wrong way to look at the problem, and I apologize for not thinking of it sooner.

Since this isn't the sort of thing you're constantly doing for lots and lots of characters, the best way to handle it in terms of effort required is to simply use Personal Adjustments. Have them select the powers in question, then use Adjustments to bring the Karma in line. Technically, you don't give a Drake Critter Powers, you give them Racial Mods that grant Critter Powers in the way Hero Lab sees it, so I guess I also didn't realize it wasn't that simple when I replied.

Also, think about it this way: differences in Karma costs among Drake powers is there for a reason. Getting to spend 5 Karma on an open power choice to get Dracoform Mastery, Flight, or Transcend Form is just as game-balance-altering as simply giving the player more Karma to get the power in the first place. And that's even considering how much that has been altered by a Drake-centric game!
Alistair is offline   #4 Reply With Quote