Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

jjs97015

Old June 18th, 2016, 04:53 PM
Hi,

I am new to using hero lab. It seems like a great product, but I do have a couple questions regarding skills.

I am creating a magician character and can't figure out how to give him the two free level 5 magic skills, do I just add an extra ten points on top of the other skill points?

I can't find a listing anywhere in Hero Lab that indicates how many knowledge skill points I have to allocate. Does it track knowledge skill points or do I have to figure that out using the books and make sure I don't go over?

I used to use the Chummer character creation software and it told you clearly how many points in each category you had to use. I can't seem to find anything like that in HeroLab and it is kind of frustrating. (I could just be missing it on the screen.)

Thank you,

Jeff
jjs97015 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 20th, 2016, 07:00 AM
When I create a magician at priority B, just below the skills on the Active tab, there's bright green text saying "Hermetic Magician Priority B Free Skills". Moving my mouse over that text gives me a report of how the free points have been spent.

When I go to add skills to that character, several skills - the ones that are allowed as free skills, are in blue.

Once I added the spellcasting and ritual spellcasting skills, and set each to 4, the green text turned grey.

At the top of the Knowledge tab, for my Int 2, Log 2 character, it says "Knowledge Skills: 0 of 8". That 0/8 is also displayed in the list of various resources on the Basics tab.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
nyarlathottep

Old June 20th, 2016, 07:53 AM
I would also add that the skill that the software is counting toward the free ones show up in the list with a little icon that I think is supposed to be a magic wand next to them (at least until you finalize the character)
nyarlathottep is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Alistair

Old June 20th, 2016, 03:23 PM
I would also like to add that it counts as free the first applicable skills that you add because they are all equal as far as skill points go. You don't directly choose which it applies to.
Alistair is offline   #4 Reply With Quote