Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

BloodAngel099

Old April 14th, 2014, 11:19 PM
I am currently trying to create custom Hellknight armor in Hero Lab editor and I keep getting the error that says "Mithral: Requires a Metal Item." I have the metal item box checked and have looked around and am stumped. I am new to hero lab so am looking for some expert guidance....

I was also wondering if there is a description some where to tell me how to add +5 to Intimidate to my armor?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
BloodAngel099 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
BloodAngel099

Old April 15th, 2014, 12:20 AM
I got the skill thing figured out finally, but I have had no luck with the metal problem....
BloodAngel099 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Anpumes

Old April 15th, 2014, 06:16 AM
I've had issues similar to this in the past where something just doesn't want to work. Sometimes, I've gotten it to pick it up by shutting down Hero Lab completely and restarting it. Mileage will likely vary with this but it seems like any software I've ever used, there will be points where it just glitches even though it seems to be running perfectly. If that doesn't fix it then you'll likely need to provide more information for someone to assist you.
Anpumes is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
BloodAngel099

Old April 15th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Restart didn't do the trick.... If I did it right I attatched the file to this post, its under magic armor....
Attached Files
File Type: email Carrior Crown Campaign.user (6.8 KB, 4 views)
BloodAngel099 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Anpumes

Old April 15th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodAngel099 View Post
Restart didn't do the trick.... If I did it right I attatched the file to this post, its under magic armor....
I pulled that file into my editor to look at, created a hero to apply it to and I'm getting a bunch of errors but none of them are the one you mentioned. I'm sure my errors are due to the fact that I do not have all of the data packs and/or don't have all the content selections you do. Unfortionately, I'm not going to be of any further help on this as I don't know if the error you mention is on the list of errors I got and just not showing because of space or if something else is going on...

Sorry and good luck, hopefully someone else can offer further assistance.
Anpumes is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 15th, 2014, 01:10 PM
I'm not seeing any issue with our official version of Hellknight plate being made with Mithral, did you create a homebrew version perhaps?
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 15th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I'm not seeing any issue with our official version of Hellknight plate being made with Mithral, did you create a homebrew version perhaps?
From looking at the user file that is what he did on the Magic Armor tab. It appears its not setup to inherit the properties of the Hellknight plate which I think is the issue. But I am not near HL and don't remember the steps to explain how to do that.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
BloodAngel099

Old April 15th, 2014, 08:30 PM
I remember having this issue with a homebrew bastard sword the dm gave me and I wanna say getting it to recognize it as a bastard sword fixed it but I cant find how to get my custom armor to recognize this particular piece of armor as hell knight armor....
BloodAngel099 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
BloodAngel099

Old April 15th, 2014, 08:32 PM
@Aaron yes I am trying to create one that I will also pay to have added +5 to intimidate to, I know I could just go into the adjustment tab to get the same effect but would like to try to learn how to properly use the editor... Loving Hero Lab and just love it more with everything that I learn about it!
BloodAngel099 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 16th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Alright, looking at your file, I believe the item you are working on is "Hellknight Plate of Iomedae", yes?

<child entity="mSpecMagic">
<bootstrap thing="ipChampion"></bootstrap>
<bootstrap thing="iFortLight"></bootstrap>
<bootstrap thing="ipRadiant"></bootstrap>
<bootstrap thing="ipRighteou"></bootstrap>
<bootstrap thing="wArm"></bootstrap>
<bootstrap thing="eMithral"></bootstrap>
</child>

The entity contains all sorts of stuff, item powers for Champion, Radiant, Righteous, Light fortification, the Mithral material, and something called wArm (which I am guessing is a weapon you made that is in a different file). What I don't see is a base armor which can forward information up to the container (including whether it should be considered metal or not). Instead it seems you're entering the override tags for Max Dex, ACP, Armor Bonus, etc. That'll probably work for most things, but I'd still recommend adding the Hellknight plate armor (arPFHellkn) to your gizmo so it marks everything you don't override correctly.

The other option would be just to add the EquipType.Metal tag to the item in question.
Aaron is offline   #10 Reply With Quote